MacBook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MacBook

I'm thinking about buying one, just want some opinions. Why is everyone so in love with their Mac? Is it really that much better than any other laptop? Any cons to them?

Listen to me very carefully.

THEY ARE NOT WORTH IT.

You pay twice as much for a badge and because it is cool and hip to have one.

Sana has a MacBook air. My $600 Lenovo is better and faster in every single way then her $1200 macbook except that it's not as thin and it's not as "hip".

Do not let anyone of these Fucken fanboy nerds tell you any different. They are 100% Absolutly not worth what they charge for them.

Comment

Cool. I definitely knew a LOT of the "price" was for the label. I have iPhone and iPod and all that jazz, I don't need to be "hip" :wacko:

What's a good computer these days? I had an HP that didn't seem to last very long - like 2+ years maybe? I have a Toshiba now, it's 2. I want something with a nice big screen, good picture quality, etc. I don't play games or any of that junk. But I do watch shows on it sometimes.

Comment

I have a MacBook I bout in 08 and I still use it now. I have never had any problems with it at all so I am happy with my purchase and when I go to buy a new computer it will be another mac. That being said, I don't play games on my computer if that is what your into then a Mac is not the best choice.

Comment

IF money was not a concern I would choose a mac product over a windows product everytime. Simply because they just work, plain and simple. They last forever and are nearly zero maintenance. I don't own any mac products but I work in the industry and deal with the windows nonsense day in and day out. I would have to put serious thought into recalling the issues I have encountered with mac. However, I would have to start a chronicle to list the issues enocountered with windows.

With that said, for a light user like yourself a windows machine will suit you well and you save a considerable amount of money.

Comment

Well if they last forever and have zero maintenance, why don't you suggest it for a "light user"?

Comment

i agree with BLM. my mac is the best investment i ever made. i bought one in '07 that broke (cosmetic damage, apple recognized it was a design problem so they fixed it even though i took it in 3 years later), and then bought my current one (macbook pro) in '09. i haven't had ANY issues with it and i have done things to this computer most PCs would flip out on. i use it for some photo editing, a lot of word processing, and a hefty amount of downloading. the only thing it has started to do now is take more than the original 15 seconds to load up. now it takes 30 or 45 seconds. not a big loss. i have more than half of my HDD filled so i am pretty sure that plays a part.

i am not saying PCs out there don't work as well, but i haven't had a good nor as long as a run with a PC as i have had with a mac. i had a dell before as well as a gateway. i use my dad's laptop often (Acer) and i think if i had to pick a laptop within a tight budget, i'd go with Acer or Asus (possibly Sony if they're running a deal) but that's a different story.

in all honesty, if you have the money, buy a mac.

Comment

Fb trust me. It's a bunch of none sense. People talk themselves into "needing" a Mac and then go on to justify and defend it because they spent a lot on rubbish.

It dosent matter if you are a "light user" or heavy user, that is horse shit talk.

And anyone who says "it's the best investment I ever made" needs to be kicked in the Fucken head.

Spend half the money on a Lenovo, and for half the money you get a faster processor and more memory and it will do the job just the same.

If you want something in fashion and "neato" then by all means, get a Mac".

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat
                  Well if they last forever and have zero maintenance, why don't you suggest it for a "light user"?
                  Just because of the initial investment. The biggest issue with windows is that all of their operating systems are unstable. They require constant updates and security fixes just to run.

Comment

Mac's are 100% not worth it. B is completely right. I used my MacBook Air three times since it came out i recently sold it because my $500 Samsung is way better

Comment

Bouncer talks from opinion and basically no experience except "sana has one". Work with hundreds in a few years time then tell me there is no difference aside from price.

Comment

I have one in my house, you admittedly don't own one and yet I am the one with no experience with it.

So you play solitaire on them at work, Whoopy Fucken Doo, they are a gimmick product for people who by into gimmicks and follow the masses by blindly paying whatever apple wants them to pay. Fuck outta here.

Comment

Originally posted by blm

Just because of the initial investment. The biggest issue with windows is that all of their operating systems are unstable. They require constant updates and security fixes just to run.
                          Stfu. That god damn MacBook air has just as many Fucken updates as my windows pc. Fucken opened the box and the MacBook air had a god damn 20 minute update.

You Fucken fanboy

Comment

I dont own one correct; due to cost. You can sit on your pompous holier than thou know it all high horse and make claims based on a jaded and limited experience. I based mine one years and hundreds of hours of use and experience. Some of the clients we work with only use mac systrms and the projects are stress free. The clients with windows based systems are always a nightmare. You have no real experience so shut the fuck up. I gave my opinion and I will let it at that.

Comment

And tell ya something else, those apple cunts charge out the ass if you want to replace or get a second power cord or different types of cables etc..

Comment

Working...
                              X