And the hits keep on comming.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the hits keep on comming.....

DAMN.... the kid " blew out" her knee today in Airborne school.. IDK whats gonna happen with her untill they make a decision on her. Hopefully she can be given time to heal and restart...if not.. Idk whats gonna happen.

FUCK its a bad start to the week.... Im glad I quit drinking back in 91..Or my old ass would be getting a drunk on tonight:agreed:

damn bro, sorry to hear. convert to northern ways and your luck will change!

Comment

Been a bad week..we damn sure need a change of luck thats for sure...

I'd take ten times what Im going thru if the kid can be ok and keep on with her plan.

Comment

do you know any details on the "blow out"? how it happened etc..?

Comment

Damn, sorry to hear. Hope they just roll her into another class and not turn her into a leg.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
            do you know any details on the "blow out"? how it happened etc..?
            She said it started hurting on a slip while running, but she didnt fall out, grunted thru the next mile or so. Then as the day progressed it got worse and worse. This am she said its all swollen and could hardly even walk on it/ bend it.... who knows. tough luck, bad break what ever ya wanna call it. I told her to keep her head up and see what happens, no matter what to stand tall and be proud. Hope to know something in a few days... hopefully they will restart her... IJDK at this point.Time will tell...

Comment

Sorry to hear that rip.

Comment

Originally posted by auri View Post
                Sorry to hear that rip.
                Thank guys. I just hate seeing the kid being messed up. I think is messing with her mentally more then anything she really wants those wings...

Comment

She didn't fall or anything, so hopefully it just needs some rest, etc. She's come this far, I sure hope it doesn't set her back any!

Comment

Sorry to hear that bro. It's always harder to see your kid struggle then it is to go through that struggle yourself.

Sounds like you gave her the best advice possible.

Comment

No Fitt, she never fell or anything, she slipped a little while running and it 'tweeked" it then continued and I guess that made it worse as the day progressed. if ya fall out of any run they councel ya and smoke your ass...if ya fall out of another your gone, so instead of stopping, she never quit and hung in there like a trooper. Gotta be proud of that. but in the long run...it may have been a bad decision. hell Ive done the same thing many times over 20 years of that shit,, Its just like a sports player, you dont wanna quit for nothing and show weakness.

Chadd.. its all I can do bro, thanks.

Comment

Sorry to hear.

She seems tougher then most, hopefully a little RICE will heal the knee.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
                          Sorry to hear.

She seems tougher then most, hopefully a little RICE will heal the knee.
                          Im sure that will fix it. problem is in that school enviroment..you either hang or get dropped. If they will allow her time and restart her, she'll be good... unfortunatly it seems she will need a few weeks time to recover...they arent gonna keep her around that long. So most likly her chances at jumping are shot. She will probably be reclassified to another MOS(job) and be stuck with it.

We probably wont know anything for sure untill early next week...but if I was a betting man... Id say this is whats gonna happen unfortunatly.

Like I told her last night... it happend for a reason ...This door may have closed for a reason ...but it has opened many more with different roads ahead of ya now...its probably a good thing... do you 3 years to the best of your ability no matter what the job is,get the $50,000 for school come home and get paid to get your degree:thumup: What other employer is gonna give ya that benifit? NONE! she gets it...dissapointed...but not out of the game.

Comment

What is her mos?

I doubt they will reclass her just because she was medically unable to complete jump school. She isn't an 11B or similar so I can't imagine it being required for her job. They will probably hold her over until the next cycle for ait.

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
                              What is her mos?

I doubt they will reclass her just because she was medically unable to complete jump school. She isn't an 11B or similar so I can't imagine it being required for her job. They will probably hold her over until the next cycle for ait.
                              Actually..it is required...she was gonna be a 92R parachute rigger. no jump status..no rigger school.

Dr told her today she strained her ACL (I think I got that right) Dr said very doubtfull she will be re-started into jump school. She was told its at least 4 weeks for this to recover and even if she did going right back into jump school would likly re injure it. Looks like shes gonna be reclassified..I just hope she gets a job she can get some kinda enjoyment out of... Hope to know something next week.

Comment

Working...
                              X