Backyard is amazing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backyard is amazing

So our backyard is complete. What was a shit filled swamp pit is now a beautiful backyard out of a magazine. We got an outdoor kitchen built with granite countertops and a bar top. We built a fairly large deck with some pergala cover. In the corner of the yard they built a large woodburning fireplace furnished with a 40" LED flatscreen mounted above it. It is wired for sound and there are matching speakers that are loud as fuck. The deck extends out another 8' for sunbathing. Next to the deck is turf, low/no maintence turf. At the opposite end of the yard is a doggie doolie which decomposes the dog shit. We won the homeowner challenge which was building a birdhouse with one skill saw, one drill, screws and some wood (competed against the neighbors in a 15m timed thing). We painted and hung the birdhouse in the backyard. Next to the doggie doolie is a dog pergula for our 2 boxers. I built large square concrete stepping stones. We have $1,500 in plants, shrubs, greenery. All in all we won the challenge with the neighbors. (Cash prize in addition to the yard.) The show airs in June or July based on what one of the producers was telling us. I'll take pics and post them in the AM.

ya I wanna see it. also remember to remind us when the show comes on. very cool lucky bastard

Comment

Awesome dude!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Hurry up with those pictures!!

Comment

Yea let's see pics

Comment

reminder of the before

After this weekend

Let me know what you think of the layout. Also, you can see that I took down the TV last night and brought it in so nobody would steal it.

Comment

Small pics do no justice. I want to post the larger pics...

Comment

Just checked the LED flatscreen. Its a Westinghouse? Is that decent? I guess for free.99 whatever it is is fine.

Comment

No, Westinghouse is crap, but who hell is going bitch when you get a layout like that for free. Sweet deal. Looks good.

Comment

Trellis is badass. Love that countertop too. When are we all coming for the party???

Comment

yea looks good bro, damn nice especially for free. yea westinghouse is pretty crap but its an outside tv and its free so who really cares, it will do the job.

Comment

Was it fun working with your wife on it, or did you guys want to stab each other?

Comment

Originally posted by auri View Post
                            Was it fun working with your wife on it, or did you guys want to stab each other?
                            FUnny you ask. ANyone who knows us knows that we fight and bicker non stop. One the assistant producers told us yesterday that we worked better together than most married couples.

We did a good job constructing the birdhouse together under pressure with power tools and everything. Kinda weird.

Comment

Originally posted by GrowthMan

FUnny you ask. ANyone who knows us knows that we fight and bicker non stop. One the assistant producers told us yesterday that we worked better together than most married couples.

We did a good job constructing the birdhouse together under pressure with power tools and everything. Kinda weird.
                              I think that's really cool. The pressures on and you both knock it out. Honestly, shit like that is much more important to me than the redo. I'm glad to hear it bro.

Comment

Working...
                              X