National Infantry Museum,,,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Infantry Museum,,,

is a MUST SEE!!!! I went to Visit Sabrina this weekend at FT. Benning. It looks like she is going to be comming home in the near future. Shes pissed at the system but her spirits are good and shes gonna heal up and try to get right back in as she really enjoys it. Anyway they have built a new national infantry museum.. Its a MUST SEE folks Freeking AWESOME place, huge lots of interactive stuff to do and see. if your ever near Columbus Georgia..take the time to check it out.. you'll be glad you did!:thumup:

A COUPLE MEDAL OF HONOR WRITE UPS..

GENERAL ROMMELS (WWII GERMAN THE DESERT FOX) PERSONEL BOX AND BATON..ALL DIAMONDS,IVORY AND SILVER .FREEKING AMAZIN. It was captured somewhere in Africa

Comment

Cool shit bro, just wish you didn't fuck up the shots by being in them. :D

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper View Post
        ...if your ever near Columbus Georgia..

Kick your GPS in the nuts for sending you there.

Comment

Whats cool about it..for example..in the WWI area...its set up like your in a WWI trech all the way thru the display. at each spot there is videos playing of WWi in action..as the artillary explodes on the screen..the floors shake ect prety cool shit..

Comment

Originally posted by decadecadeca View Post
            Kick your GPS in the nuts for sending you there.
            naw bro..old school..map and a compass....:thumup:

Comment

My Grandfather was a T-srgnt over the motor pool in WWII whatever a T-srgnt is. Said he worked on vehicles tanks,jeeps,trucks whatever..

Comment

T- Sgt back in those days was "technical sgt" he wasn't a Combat MOS he was as you said trained in maintenance there for the old "T" comes from "technical/ mechanic" due to that was his area of speciality.

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper View Post
                  T- Sgt back in those days was "technical sgt" he wasn't a Combat MOS he was as you said trained in maintenance there for the old "T" comes from "technical/ mechanic" due to that was his area of speciality.
                  Ya he was a mechanic all his life got drafted. My grandmother worked at an old factory in downtown louisville that the military was using to make bullets/shells/explosives whatever to fuel the war. She told me stories about it. She drove a cab on the side to make ends meet til my grandpa got home. He told me he never seen any real action and that they just brought up the rear fixing anything that was broken. Stories I will never forget. When he passed they had a soldier at the funeral standing at attention and presented my grandmother a flag.

Comment

Originally posted by dago View Post
                    Ya he was a mechanic all his life got drafted. My grandmother worked at an old factory in downtown louisville that the military was using to make bullets/shells/explosives whatever to fuel the war. She told me stories about it. She drove a cab on the side to make ends meet til my grandpa got home. He told me he never seen any real action and that they just brought up the rear fixing anything that was broken. Stories I will never forget. When he passed they had a soldier at the funeral standing at attention and presented my grandmother a flag.
                    Squared away....lots of stuff has to be done to keep the fighters fighting!!:thumup: Hell My grandfater told me stories of how he was on details out west throwing bails of hay out to cattle in the winter to keep um fed in all the snow. The same ones that were slaughtered for food to be sent over seas. everyone serves in there own way and it all comes together to win the fight!

Comment

Bouncer and Beast have done many missions behind enemy lines... pretty elite SOF shit, none of you conventional unit grunts will understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf
                        Bouncer and Beast have done many missions behind enemy lines... pretty elite SOF shit, none of you conventional unit grunts will understand.
                        God damned right!

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                          God damned right!

:staypuff:

Comment

Nice.

That trench warfare exhibit looks amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
                              Nice.

That trench warfare exhibit looks amazing.
                              to be honest man..they were all good in there own ways!:thumup:

Comment

Working...
                              X