US scientists see hints of 'God particle'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US scientists see hints of 'God particle'

Scientists from the US Tevatron accelerator say they have spotted possible hints of the Higgs boson at a mass similar to that seen at the LHC.

The findings add weight to the idea that the Higgs - purported to give all other particles their mass - exists near a mass of 125 gigaelectronvolts.

However, the new data are not themselves sufficiently statistically assured to rate the find a "discovery".

The results were presented at the Moriond physics conference in Italy.

The Tevatron, based at the US national laboratory Fermilab, was for two decades the world's premier particle accelerator, but was shut down in 2011 after negotiations to extend funding failed.

BBC News - Higgs boson hints multiply in US Tevatron facility data

Sweet! Hopefully this will finally land the Nobel for Peter Higgs.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
      ... shut down in 2011 after negotiations to extend funding failed.

Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by decadecadeca

Interesting.
        You sound happy that science was halted. You Fucken southern religious pile of shit

Comment

I'll resume testing in my own evil underground lair.

Step one....find someone in the trailer park who knows what a gigaelectronvolt is.

Comment

Simple.... it is what you get when you fill up your flux capacitor with household trash.

Comment

Comment

It would explain why I'm so fucking great, megan fox, donuts and family guy but not gypsies. (Or that woman that lives in my house also known as the 'wife' bs)

Comment

Working...
                X