Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yesterdays carnage

fuck yea! I know ya'll been waiting on this!!!:rofl::rofl:

Yesterday 3-28-12 I got on a bird and he pretty much whipped my tail for 2 hours and I could never get a shot as he wouldn't close the distance,he would go left/ right and even behind me..but never commit. He would only gobble every 20 min or so one time and not gobble again...20 min later he would gobble again and be left..then again on my right, always inside 75 yds. It was too open for me to try a move and he didnt gobble enough so I could keep his position located to feel safe enough to make a small move. He finaly broke contact and went off to the west. Good hunt but it didn't end how I wanted it to. I did some scouting and figured out exactlty where he was strutting at. I went back in there last night to try and roost him. No luck, so I knew (or figured) he stayed west and hopefully would work back east in the am. He was the only bird I heard.

Today I was over 1/2 mile back into the swamp at 06:30 and waiting. I positioned myself 2 tenth of a mile from where he was yesterday am and another ridge to the west he went towards I was hoping he roosted on. I was in the middle of them...at 0650 hrs he gobbled Way off west..much farther then I figured he would be. I started the move and covered almost 4 tenths according to the GPS. I stopped to listen as I approached a thick drain that was on the other side of the ridge I was hoping he was on...by about 2 tenths........ he gobbled again.. aprox 200 yds. I wasn't gonna get into the thicket he was roosted into and stayed in the more open swamp bottom.I set up between him and the ridge in the only open ground. I gave a few clucks and I shut up.Its now 07:05. At 07:14 I heard what I thought was a wing beat like he landed, So I figured he was down...but not shure. raised the mossy and waited....nothing but the buzz of those little blood suckers he still hasn't gobbled......07:25 I catch a flicker of white at about 50 yds thru the brush....there he is..that head was lit up like a light bulb in the dark swamp bottom. He was at Full strut and comming in on a string... he went behind a tree on my left and that allowed me to swing the mossberg and flip off the safety. The ol' swamp gobbler stepped out at about 42 steps and at 07:27...he took his last step as the 835 barked fire and threw a 3.5 in load of #5's into him. First one of the year is down. Everything else is gravy now!!!

haha, i never thought i would say this but i missed all your hunting BS. :D

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
      haha, i never thought i would say this but i missed all your hunting BS. :D
      I knew ya would...I'm slowly converting you....:hibb:

Comment

its true what they say, "you dont realize what you have until its gone", thought about you queers everyday. :(

Comment

I was definatly missing this place....figured ya were locked up or something..:agreed:

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper View Post
            I was definatly missing this place....figured ya were locked up or something..:agreed:
            rado kept sending me text, "moving across the country and site down, you must be running from the law". :rofl:

told him i was international drug and weapons dealer. he believed me. :retard:

Comment

Working...
            X