Self defense carry guns & knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self defense carry guns & knives

I was just wondering what people used for defense on the street or in there homes. I carry a Smith & Wesson E series 45 everyday and everywhere and a simple folding knife for mundane tasks. I am also skilled in throwing knives as well as some other staff weapons. This is my 45

I havn't been here in some time though I have thought about the place often enough. The sight going down is kind of what sucked me back in. The stress of running my company's division over the last few years has taken its toll. But I'm back in the game and life is good.

Comment

I like it.. I rarely pack a pistol anymore

Comment

i have 5 of these on motion sensors facing all entry points of my house.

Comment

Love the grips something you or at least I dont see much anymore with all the plastic guns.

I dont carry a gun cuz I am just a bad mother fucker but I got a HK in my dresser. I perfer real guns though like my benelli M4 or my AR. Probably cuz I cant shoot handguns to good,lol.

Comment

Just curious, honest question - what line of work are you guys in that you need to pack heat every day? I can safely say I've never had a single day in my adult life that I have felt the need to physically defend myself. I understand the self defense rationale, but to me, the risks and inconvenience of carrying would far outweigh any remote chance that I would every need to fire a weapon in self defense.

Comment

Well I for 1 run a trucking company, I am in my warehouse at 3 am and receive road drivers in from all over the country. I burn $1000 worth of fuel everyday for every 3 trucks I run. I have to keep cash at my facility for all kinds of things that can go wrong keeping my rigs up and running. I have also had to fire people or let them go for all kinds of reasons. So far I have had 2 employees that I have had the local PD involved with the removal of them off my property. I had a road rage incident that involved one of my female drivers that happened on my property that ended in a physical confrontation between the asshole and myself. I have caught people stealing fuel out of my tractor trailers. To be honest I don't really worrie about havering to defend myself to often, when ever I have had confrontations they have been easy enough to deal with. I have never even felt the need to even let anyone know I am carrying. I don't give much more thought to my firearm than I do my knife or my wallet or my keys. It is just a tool I carry everyday and don't think about it. I think it is wonderful that you have never felt the need to have to defend yourself and I hope you never do. It isn't something I think about but it is certainly not an imposable thing to happen for violence to come my way. The bottom line is we live in civilized society where we should all feel safe in our beds with the doors unlocked. But we also shre the world with uncivilized people that will kill you to take what they want from you. I choose not to be a victim in this world and in this country the constitution and the law offers a variety of options to protect myself and my family. So it has little to do with if I feel the need to protect myself, but that I have a right to protect myself, my family and my home.
              Last edited by Timber; 04-01-12, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                Just curious, honest question - what line of work are you guys in that you need to pack heat every day? I can safely say I've never had a single day in my adult life that I have felt the need to physically defend myself. I understand the self defense rationale, but to me, the risks and inconvenience of carrying would far outweigh any remote chance that I would every need to fire a weapon in self defense.
                It isn't that inconvenient, I am use to the added pound that sits at 4 o'clock.

What happens if you encounter that remote chance and you don't have a firearm?

I work in healthcare, but don't usually carry at work. I will be going back to school in August and commuting 120 miles round trip every day, not traveling with a firearm seems just pretty stupid to me. I would rather carry it everyday and hope to never use it, then to not carry it and need it.

Like Timber said, it is just a tool that I am accustomed to carrying, and I hope that I never have to use it.

Police are minutes away when you need them immediately and they DO NOT have to protect you, plenty of supreme court cases have made that quite clear.

It is a non-issue for me and it should be legal in every state. Citizens think that the police are the professionals and can carry a firearm responsibly, yet most of them have initial firearm training in mandate school and then they qualify every year. I can guarantee that I practice with my gun more then the majority of police officers.

It is a last resort tool in case I need to save my family or myself.

Comment

Turbo is correct , your safety and the safety of you family is your responsibility and not your local PD. it is imposable for the police to protect you and keep you safe. That is why almost all states have a conceal carry law on the books. Unfortunately the state decides how the law is interpreted and how the conceal carry licences are handed out. States like NY,NJ & IL leave you on your own with verry little right to protect yourself. Massachusetts isn't that great either but at least most towns in the state let you carry in the state. The town I live in 1/3 of the population is armed, I have an elaborate security system in my home, my property is patrolled by 2 Dobermans , I carry a 45 and we keep guns in my home. Your safety and the safety of your family is your responsibility and you Handel it how ever you see fit to do so. Many police officers only do the required amount of time nessesary on the firing range so you can not even be sure that the officer that responds to your 911 call can save you with his firearm if nessesary. Many officers take it upon them selves to practice on the range at their own expence but many if not more do not. It is nice that you have never felt the need to protect yourself and that violence has never touched you untill it does and your not prepared. The police can not help quickly enough to save your life and if that is all you have to rely on you will probably be a victim.

Notice how calm this woman is in the video
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1IKe...e_gdata_player

This woman here and her testimony is the reason our conceal carry laws are available in almost every state this is 20 years ago this year
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TufS...e_gdata_player

You have to make up your own mind as to what you feel is appropriate for your lifestyle. I fear very little in this world but I am not foolish enough to think crime will not come my way. Their is only so much you can do to protect yourself and your family. I do not want to be the victim of some dirtbag that sees an opertunity to take advantage om me or the people I care about
                  Last edited by Timber; 04-02-12, 09:03 AM.

Comment

What do you recommend for someone who can't carry?

Comment

Originally posted by auri View Post
                      What do you recommend for someone who can't carry?
                      It is not for me to recomend anything, that is for every individual to deside. Their are a lot of ways to protect yourself. Awareness is probably the greatest weapon any of us has to protect ourselves. Firearms are the very last line of defense. In all the confrontations I have ever had I have never had to reveal that I was armed. Didn't even cross my mind too and with any luck I will never have too. The likelihood of ever havering to discharge a firearm should be the same as winning the lottery. It isn't likely but not imposable. You have to decide these things, nobody else can do it for you.

Comment

You're right. New sneakers it is.

Comment

Working...
                        X