went trap shooting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• went trap shooting.

and i'm addicted. i went trap shooting and i was the only girl at the range. of course i had that added pressure as well as being a newbie but i shut up the boys really quickly. i hit 10/25 targets. there was an old venezuelan man who said "were you pretending that was your boyfriend?"

all-in-all, i think i have a new hobby. i've been looking into getting a gun for myself. i was shooting a 12ga remington (at least from what i recall) i got a lot of pointers from some professionals at the range.

any suggestions in terms of brands? barrel length? i'm not trying to spend too much money, just something that will be a good stepping stone until i can move forward (and spend more money).

what is trap shooting?

Comment

That sounds like my wife... her department at work went to a laser tag place for a team building trip and she outshot most of the so called weekend warrior hunter types, and she had never held a gun, real or fake in her life.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
        and she had never held a gun, real or fake in her life.
        jokes to be made.. jokes to be made. :hibb:

Comment

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=trap+shooting

Comment

I said gun, not bazooka.

Comment

Originally posted by mofo View Post
              smart ass :agreed:

Comment

Lol @ scrum comparing lazer tag to clay pigeon shooting. You're as bad as bouncer aka captain console commando.

Shooting skeet is great fun. When you have a pile of empty shotgun shells lying on the ground and you can feel your heartbeat in your shoulder from hours of repeated mule kicks from the shotgun....it's been a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
                  You're as bad as bouncer aka captain console commando.
                  that is a great compliment scrum!

Comment

Lol @ scrum comparing lazer tag to clay pigeon shooting. You're as bad as bouncer aka captain console commando.

Shooting skeet is great fun. When you have a pile of empty shotgun shells lying on the ground and you can feel your heartbeat in your shoulder from hours of repeated mule kicks from the shotgun....it's been a good day.
                    i made the guy feel so bad because when we went to dinner after and i took off my jacket i went to adjust my shirt and there was this huge blue and black bruise on my shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                      smart ass :agreed:
                      now we know how the site got hacked...

Comment

Get a 20g and play around with different ammo to feel the different recoil of the different loads.

Any 28"-34" barrel will do fine, again weight and barrel length will be mostly unique for you. Go with whatever feels the most comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
                          Get a 20g and play around with different ammo to feel the different recoil of the different loads.

Any 28"-34" barrel will do fine, again weight and barrel length will be mostly unique for you. Go with whatever feels the most comfortable.
                          well, i shot a 12g and i loved the way it felt. i also shot a 20g (one of the guys let me shoot a few rounds) and it was definitely lighter but i like 'em big.

Comment

No, you misunderstood. That's not what I was saying. I was just indicating that just like mofo, my wife went in as a newbie and outshot most of the hunter types in her group who talked about guns and hunting all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf

No, you misunderstood. That's not what I was saying. I was just indicating that just like mofo, my wife went in as a newbie and outshot most of the hunter types in her group who talked about guns and hunting all day long.
                              I understand. Maybe bouncer will let you hold the controller for player one, lol

Comment

Working...
                              X