HA HA.. April fooled his ass!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HA HA.. April fooled his ass!!!

I heard a bird way off this am...had to change areas to get after him. Drove truck got as close as I could and dove off into the bottom. He gobbled one more time and shut down. I waited an hour and nothing..... Worked my way back out to the truck and look up the road to where I was gonna go in at first.Two guys in a chevy pull up..... kaw kaw kaw.... hoot hoot hoot... kaw kaw kaw...LMAO so they get back in there truck and drive down the road to the next creek bottom...kaw kaw kaw hoot hoot hoot..kaw kaw kaw.... all I could do was laugh....Dipshit road "hunters":rofl:

I drive back to where I was gonna go in...right where I saw the turkey hunters... I slip in to the creek and ease into the bottom its about 08:30. I just set and listen....about 10 min goes by GOBBLE... I head that way. I found some fresh tracks since the rain. Looks like hes gone out of this drain and is crossing into the palmetto flats towards another drain I know of...so I go that way. I just slip and move to the south I give an occassional cluck or two.. at 10:00 hours I spooked a gobbler out of a tree I looked up and away he went I couldn't believe it. Good thing was he flew the direction I was heading to. There is a magnolia tree covered hill in the middle of this swamp drain. I know turkeys always use it...about 10:26 I covered the distance to the hill and I gave a series of soft clucks....nothing. So I gave a short fast cutt and he hit it. about 150 yds maybe. There is an old cypress pond between me and the bird so I headed that way and which was dry..perfect! I could see across it about 50 yds and about 80 yds side to side...everything else was a jungle... I cutt again and he cut me off...100 yds. I found a tree and as soon as I set down I heard a loud cluck..so I gave him one back.....he did it again and I could see red moving thru the thicket FAST. He was like a chicken running to the corn bucket running and clucking. the ol' tom hit an opening at about 70 yds and I could see the beard swinging.I clucked again and he changed direction more my way, went behind a tree and I raised the mossy and flipped off the safety as I did so......when he hit the next opening I cutt with the diaphram and he locked up the brakes...streched out that neck and I lined up that green bead...BOOM he never knew when that load of 3.5 in mag #5's hit him at 52 steps! 10:33 it was over, when it happened...it happened fast!!

maybe its Just me..but I thought his wings were a bit blonder if ya will then most birds I've seen... thoughts?

nicely done I guess. You didn't get hurt this time did you?

Comment

Originally posted by auri View Post
      nicely done I guess. You didn't get hurt this time did you?
      Thanks.....Funny ya mentioned that... I'm on my back since sunday with a bad ass gout flare up in my right foot... I hobbled out 3/4 of a mile when I killed that bird. it had been kicking in for a few days and really hit home that morning.. no work no hunting no nothing.... shit sucks! I should be good to go by weekend hopefully. Medicine causes the shits and bad ass cramps..but it seems to be starting to work..

Comment

yea thats the blonde georgia swamp gobbler. anyone with any backwoods knowledge should know that.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
          yea thats the blonde georgia swamp gobbler. anyone with any backwoods knowledge should know that.
          :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper View Post
            Thanks.....Funny ya mentioned that... I'm on my back since sunday with a bad ass gout flare up in my right foot... I hobbled out 3/4 of a mile when I killed that bird. it had been kicking in for a few days and really hit home that morning.. no work no hunting no nothing.... shit sucks! I should be good to go by weekend hopefully. Medicine causes the shits and bad ass cramps..but it seems to be starting to work..
            Can't wait to get fucking old... :)

Comment

nice job rip ... do you have a smoker ? 2 guys i work with both have nice smokers.. nice smoked turkey breast is good shit brother

Comment

Originally posted by bigscott View Post
                nice job rip ... do you have a smoker ? 2 guys i work with both have nice smokers.. nice smoked turkey breast is good shit brother
                Scott... Hell yea bro....here ya go..try this... take apricott preserves and honey and make them into a thick paste. Baste the wild turkey breast with it every 15 min and smoke it till done.. best bird you will ever eat my man!!!:thumup:

Comment

Originally posted by dago View Post
                  Can't wait to get fucking old... :)
                  dont worry..your days comming....:rofl:

Comment

Working...
                  X