For those of you who live in Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of you who live in Florida

How is it there, honestly? My wife and I are considering moving there. We go there for vacation all the time (Miami and Destin) and we are thinking about getting a condo on the ocean in either North Miami (not south beach) or Tampa.

I know a few of you live there, how is it, seriously? Also, my wife and I don't have kids, we don't party much, but we do love the ocean, nice restaurants (not chains), and places to walk. We'd rather walk than drive so we want to live in the city.

Go Ft lauderdale or south beach or go home!

Tampa is shit part of Florida. Wrong coast and NASCAR type people.

Don't know anything about north Miami. That where the airport is? Seems like a dump if so.

Comment

Look out for wolves

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible
        Look out for wolves
        Lmao

Comment

Lol @ bouncers ignorance of Florida.
          Obviously, anywhere on the west coast is going to be on the gulf side not the ocean like Miami and Lauderdale. There are a lot of beautiful upscale areas in south Tampa and northeast (new) Tampa. But the city downtown area is small and offers very little for enjoyment for families or entertainment in genersl. Same with Miami and Lauderdale (excluding the nightlife). Cities in Florida are not like NY where there is an overwhelming amount to do. You should check out Sarasota too. It's close to the water, a lot of beautiful areas, low key, and a nice family friendly downtown district. It really depends on what you truly want in terms of your environment and pace of life. It varies greatly throughout the state.

Comment

Originally posted by blm
            Obviously, anywhere on the west coast is going to be on the gulf side not the ocean like Miami and Lauderdale. There are a lot of beautiful upscale areas in south Tampa and northeast (new) Tampa. But the city downtown area is small and offers very little for enjoyment for families or entertainment in genersl. Same with Miami and Lauderdale (excluding the nightlife). Cities in Florida are not like NY where there is an overwhelming amount to do. You should check out Sarasota too. It's close to the water, a lot of beautiful areas, low key, and a nice family friendly downtown district. It really depends on what you truly want in terms of your environment and pace of life. It varies greatly throughout the state.
            Pretty much confirmed what I said.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER

Pretty much confirmed what I said.
              Not really. You think Tampa is full of hicks. When in fact it's nothing like that. Once you get outside of Tampa into Brandon, Valrico, etc then you start getting hickish but Tampa is more city and suburb mentality and living.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                Don't know anything about north Miami. That where the airport is? Seems like a dump if so.
                Bro, north Miami is like the Sunny Isles Beach area. Super nice.

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
                  Thanks. We don't like suburbia and we don't like hicks. I'll do some research on Sarasota, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
                    Not really. You think Tampa is full of hicks. When in fact it's nothing like that. Once you get outside of Tampa into Brandon, Valrico, etc then you start getting hickish but Tampa is more city and suburb mentality and living.

Bet he has never been to Tampa.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000

This.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
                        Of course not. It simply follows his typical views or statements. Wherever he's been, wherever he lives, whatever he owns, etc...is the best. The rest is shit and/or hillber. :tired:

Comment

No never been to Tampa but I have been to clear water. Buncha Fucken hicks. Tampa is in the same area so by association... Must be hicks

Comment

Its very hot and deserted through part of the year

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                              Its very hot and deserted through part of the year
                              Please refrain from any further comments pertaining to the US; you have no idea what hell you are talking about. :retard:

Comment

Working...
                              X