Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beastie Boys star Adam Yauch dies aged 48

BBC News - Beastie Boys star Adam Yauch dies aged 48

Beastie Boys rapper Adam Yauch has died at the age of 48, Rolling Stone Magazine has reported.

The star was diagnosed with cancer in 2009 but it is not clear whether his death was connected with the illness.

Yauch had surgery and radiation therapy but said last year "reports of my being totally cancer free are exaggerated".

Under the alias MCA, he joined the group co-founded by Mike D, Mix Master Mike, and Ad Roc in 1981. They went on to sell more than 40m albums worldwide.

The band started out as a hardcore punk outfit called The Young Aborigines in 1979 but switched to hip hop in 1984.

Two years later they launched their critically-acclaimed debut album Licensed To Ill, which spawned the hit singles (You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party) and No Sleep Till Brooklyn.

The Beastie Boys were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last month, but Rolling Stone reported Yauch would not be able to attend.

They printed a statement from a representative of the band which read: "Beastie Boys regret that Adam 'MCA' Yauch will be unable to join Mike 'Mike D' Diamond and Adam 'Adrock' Horovitz at the band's induction into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame in April.

"Mike, Adam and Adam are truly grateful for the honour but with only two of the three Beastie Boys attending, they will unfortunately not be able to perform at the ceremony."

My Favorite Beastie Boys song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVgtEl_83HA

Comment

Originally posted by rado
      Read that earlier...fkng sad.
      wtf is up with all the abbreviations in your posts?

Idk about you guys but I am a big fan of the Beastie Boys. Sad to hear this news. Saw it on my new feed in Facebook.

Cancer is no joke!:noo:

Comment

Originally posted by rado
        You would think you'd know me well enough when i post from phone or laptop lol...
        Thought about that... but then i came to the conclusion that youre a dick and you think youre too cool!:thumup::weights:

Comment

I have their album as a perminent fixture in my car multi changer, have done four years, me and my team used to listen to those songs on ghetto blaster on the coach on easy to rugby tournaments, takes me back

Comment

MCA turned his back on the jewish community when he realised their atrocities and became buddhist.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
              Just awful, and your too young to have any connection with bestie boys, fight for your rights came out in about 86.

Stop trying to be cool and get in on the act and go watch teenage mutant ninja turtles you wannabe

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                Just awful, and your too young to have any connection with bestie boys, fight for your rights came out in about 86.

Stop trying to be cool and get in on the act and go watch teenage mutant ninja turtles you wannabe
                :thumup:

Ill Communication and Pauls Boutique were their 2 best, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                  Good shit. I remember being 15 and riding around with my friend that was already driving. We listened to that CD over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000

Good shit. I remember being 15 and riding around with my friend that was already driving. We listened to that CD over and over.
                    That dates me. I was stationed in Korea when that song came out, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
                      That dates me. I was stationed in Korea when that song came out, lol.
                      FFS Don't anyone ask him about Korea!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible

FFS Don't anyone ask him about Korea!
                        Lol. You totally misunderstood honesty for something else in that post.

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
                          Lol. You totally misunderstood honesty for something else in that post.
                          Just kidding lol

Comment

Working...
                          X