Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damn...

The hits keep comming..

the kid had another set back again today. It seems her leg never healed right and she has once again stress fractures in it. She hurt them in Airborne school several months back. had to get re classified and was given some time to heal...

Fast foward to yesterday.. She had been getting a high 80's average on all her tests passing all her hands on training and doing well with everything. She was one of 6 out of 15 who passed her formal board. On Pt shes passed every test for push ups and sit ups but has been struggling with the run( now we know why)

DR was gonna set her back to a medical hold company again... she told him all shes been thru and now only has 4 more weeks of training to complete. If he sent her back...she would have to start over again.. after healing...another 5 or 6 months in a training atmosphere... FUCK!!!

Dr listened to her and showed her some compassion and made her a deal.. he wrote her a no running/ jumping marching profile for 20 days...she can continue training that way.... but on day 21.... she has her final PT test. she will have to pass that 2 mile run in order to graduate... after 20 days of limited stress on it.. shes hoping she can grunt thru the run, graduate then be on her way...then she will seek the proper treatment to get healed up right at her first unit.

damn kid has been thru some shit....:weights:

May I suggest growth hormona? :D

Comment

That sucks I remember having trainees with no marching, running, breathing profiles training beside us. Good luck to her, as legitimate as her scenario is, she will get no sympathy from most soldiers and looked down upon because of it and to add she is a female.

Nothing pisses you off more to see someone in sneakers without a rucksack on their back just chilling as your doing 20 miles in full gear.

Tell her to stay positive and don't let anyone get to her. You know what it's like.

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
        to add she is a female.
        that reminds me of something that i read the other day. is this shit true? BBC NEWS | Americas | Women at war face sexual violence

ripper what are your thoughts on that having a daughter looking to join the military.

Comment

That sucks I remember having trainees with no marching, running, breathing profiles training beside us. Good luck to her, as legitimate as her scenario is, she will get no sympathy from most soldiers and looked down upon because of it and to add she is a female.

Nothing pisses you off more to see someone in sneakers without a rucksack on their back just chilling as your doing 20 miles in full gear.

Tell her to stay positive and don't let anyone get to her. You know what it's like.
          YEA bro shes been cathing a lot of shit because of falling out of the runs But shes excelling everywhere else. Best part is the guys give her shit and tell her she dont belong there. Then she does better on the tests..they fail and get classed back..but she keeps rolling along. Its getting to the point with this leg that I can see her getting a med board if she dont pass that test... just me thinking from prior experiance when I was a drill. She will have completed all training to be MOS qualified... but not having the run on the APFT will dis Q her. Then they will have no where to put her. Shes gonna have a tough nut to crack on that run after no cardio for 3 weeks comming up to the event. But shes a fighter and knows the hurdle she has to cross.. Hopefully she'll pull it off...:thumup:

She is still in boots though cause they have to wear steel toed boots for her training... no chinese army shoes...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
            that reminds me of something that i read the other day. is this shit true? BBC NEWS | Americas | Women at war face sexual violence

ripper what are your thoughts on that having a daughter looking to join the military.
            hell bro shes been in for 8 months but due to her injury at Airborne school she was set back or she'd already be out in a unit. It happens in the service just like it happens in the office at IBM..women are targetd everyhere that's a fact. truth be told its no worse there and in fact may be better because of all the safeguards in place. think about how much shit never gets reported in the corporate world....:wack:

Comment

After going through the army after co-ed training was implemented , I am against women in the military aside from admin, medical, etc...they are mostly dead weight and an absolute liability on the front line.

Not being sexist because there are females that can out perform some males. However in general that is not the case.

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper View Post
                hell bro shes been in for 8 months but due to her injury at Airborne school she was set back or she'd already be out in a unit. It happens in the service just like it happens in the office at IBM..women are targetd everyhere that's a fact. truth be told its no worse there and in fact may be better because of all the safeguards in place. think about how much shit never gets reported in the corporate world....:wack:
                i dont know bro, that article talks about constant fear of rape etc..

Comment

After going through the army after co-ed training was implemented , I am against women in the military aside from admin, medical, etc...they are mostly dead weight and an absolute liability on the front line.

Not being sexist because there are females that can out perform some males. However in general that is not the case.
                  I have to agree. I say they can do some service and support but it depends on the girl.. and You have seen it Im sure. Thankfully as I was a scout we didnt have to deal with them.. Some bust that ass and carry their weight..the others are pure fucking drama queens that dont do shit(90%)...

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                    i dont know bro, that article talks about constant fear of rape etc..
                    Im not saying it dont happen... but its an easy target of oppertunity to write about in the military. Most of the girls I see at work here that are in the Army describe the guys in the plt like big brothers and most watch out for um...:agreed:

Comment

BLM.. what you do in the army bro?

Comment

I have to agree. I say they can so some service and support but it depends on the girl.. and You have seen it Im sure. Thankfully as I was a scout we didnt have to deal with them.. Some bust that ass and carry their weight..the others are pure fucking drama queens that dont do shit(90%)...
                        its the same for cops.

there are situations as a police officer when you need to use physical force and you dont have access to your gun, mase, taser etc..

i remember like 10 years ago some girl was mad at something i said, she came up and pushed me as hard as she could. she ended up falling and hitting her head. lmao

Comment

Bouncer, the other thing to compare it to..is dorm life in collage...same shit bro....

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper
                            BLM.. what you do in the army bro?
                            31s tactical satcom

Comment

Most of the girls I see at work here that are in the Army describe the guys in the plt like big brothers and most watch out for um...:agreed:
                              yea but thats at home. doesnt the atmosphere kind of change when you are at war in some hellhole for years?

Comment

Working...
                              X