health insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• health insurance

In case the kid gets a medical out due to her leg Im gonna need to get somekind of medical insurance on her. She wont be able to get picked back up in Tricare after she turns 21.

Was browsing thru diffrent plans like Blue cross Blue shield ECT.

Any suggestions on afordable health care plans? never had to worry about it before so I really havent got a clue on it for which way to go..

I always hear commercials for these guys on the radio. Health Insurance Giant

Comment

Can't she stay on yours until like 25?

Comment

Covered under your Tricare until she is 26 or gets married.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
          Covered under your Tricare until she is 26 or gets married.
          I have to check on that.. but my understanding is up to 21 and that only applies if shes a full tme student. It may have changed but, Again, Im not sure and do need to research. If so that would be good news..no that would be GREAT NEWS!!:agreed:

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper View Post
            I have to check on that.. but my understanding is up to 21 and that only applies if shes a full tme student. It may have changed but, Again, Im not sure and do need to research. If so that would be good news..no that would be GREAT NEWS!!:agreed:
            TRICARE Beneficiaries

I was wrong. 23 if student.

I bet the Tricare young adult would be affordable. If she isn't on medication then save money by opting out of drug coverage. If you need medicine I advise you to form a relationship with a local independent pharmacy, the big chains rip people off after luring them in with the $4 and free drugs.

Comment

If she gets out, won't she be getting another job? Maybe she can get benefits through her employer.

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                If she gets out, won't she be getting another job? Maybe she can get benefits through her employer.
                Yes she'll be looking but its tough around here in the job market. Most of the employers around here wont pay crap and if ya get the insurance with them you'll be working for nothing. I have to find someting that will cover her and get her thru a few years of school if this leg thing dont work out in the ARMY. She only had a couple weeks of traing left then we will see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                  Getting from an employer is pretty difficult in this market.

Comment

She can get blue cross, blue shield or kaiser permanente for about 120 bucks a month with a good coverage and a decent deductible.

Comment

Originally posted by BEAST View Post
                      She can get blue cross, blue shield or kaiser permanente for about 120 bucks a month with a good coverage and a decent deductible.
                      The Bluecross/ shield I have looked at a bit never heard of the other thinks I'll look into it.:thumup:

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
                        Getting from an employer is pretty difficult in this market.
                        yep very difficult for a low wage type job to get her thru school ...exactly..

Comment

All free in the uk, just saying

Comment

The Bluecross/ shield I have looked at a bit never heard of the other thinks I'll look into it.:thumup:
                            Kaiser would work if you had a facility near you.

You have to use their docs and pharmacy.

Comment

Yes she'll be looking but its tough around here in the job market. Most of the employers around here wont pay crap and if ya get the insurance with them you'll be working for nothing. I have to find someting that will cover her and get her thru a few years of school if this leg thing dont work out in the ARMY. She only had a couple weeks of traing left then we will see what happens.
                              Job market is crap here, too. But what's the difference of paying the employer for insurance or paying for a private plan? They're both going to be expensive.

Comment

Working...
                              X