been to jamaica?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• been to jamaica?

anyone here been to jamaica? Anyone been recently? How was the trip? Would you advise friends to go?

On the website for the US embassy in Jamaica there are numerous warnings about safety. Suppose to not stay out after dark, not venture away from the resorts, violent crime rate per capita is amongst the highest in the world. Theft, etc etc.

My parents went and said the Ritz was great.

Go to the virgin islands. US or brits side.

Comment

Been 3 times not in the last few years though. It's cheap with nice beaches but.if money were no issue I would go to Bermuda hands down. Nicer then every island in the Caribbean.

Comment

Went to Sandals all inclusive in Negril and I can't say one bad thing about it. I have a thread with a few pics on here.

Comment

Originally posted by blm
          Went to Sandals all inclusive in Negril and I can't say one bad thing about it. I have a thread with a few pics on here.
          Yea the resorts are nice, but you leave the resort and its a dump. I would rather be on an island where I can walk around without fear.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER

Yea the resorts are nice, but you leave the resort and its a dump. I would rather be on an island where I can walk around without fear.
            Agreed.

Comment

cool blm, i will search for it. since i've been looking it seems Negril is the most expensive, but also the safest maybe because it is the spot that is the most distance from Kingston and other big cities.

kinda same thoughts as bouncer dont want to feel stuck to the resort, yet don't want to be worrying if we do venture off into town.

Comment

Trip is booked. We leave on the 4th of July for a week. We opted for Ocho Rios.

Time to deplete carbs.
                Last edited by GrowthMan; 06-13-12, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrowthMan
                  Trip is booked. We leave on the 4th of July for a week. We opted for Ochos Rios.

Time to deplete carbs.
                  Yea ocho is more family resorts negril is more couple type places. I like ocho better actually

Comment

how was the food when you guys went?

Comment

of all the islands i have been too, the Jamaican resort food is actually the best.

Jamaicans know how to grill. if you like spicy grill food you will love all the jerk chicken and beef and veggies they do on the grill.

place we went had huge grill pits on the beach every night. love it.

Comment

Working...
                      X