The Coolest Mars Landing Ever Attempted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Coolest Mars Landing Ever Attempted

NASA's Curiosity Rover: The Coolest Mars Landing Ever Attempted | Science and Space | TIME.com

Can't wait!!! Set your alarm... it's happening this weekend baby. :weights:

Comment

How about the coolest moon landing never attempted LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf
        Can't wait!!! Set your alarm... it's happening this weekend baby. :weights:
        What's the best website to watch it? Will it be on tv?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible
          How about the coolest moon landing never attempted LMAO
          I hate you.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
            I hate you.
            :rofl:

Oh pookie

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
              :rofl:

Oh pookie

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                What's the best website to watch it? Will it be on tv?
                Should be on NASA TV. You should have it on your cable somewhere I think. If not, I am sure NASA will be streaming it live.

The Planetary Society is also streaming the landing with commentary at planetfest.org.

Comment

Will it be in HD? I would think they could manage an HD feed in this day and age!

Comment

Not sure... at least the feed from the spacecraft won't be in HD, I'm sure there isn't enough bandwidth for that.

Comment

How about the rover? That fucken thing better have live 24 hr hd feed. I watch all day

Comment

I'm scared... Mars eats up spacecraft.. hope things go flawlessly. No lie, I'll be crying if something bad happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf
                          I'm scared... Mars eats up spacecraft.. hope things go flawlessly. No lie, I'll be crying if something bad happens.
                          Might mean the end of NASA if it fails.

Comment

Nah, Mars has a reputation for that and we need to not forget how difficult it is to go to Mars.

NASA has actually done better than anyone else. Other than 1 miss, I think the last 4 or 5 missions to Mars were spectacularly successful. Look at the Russian record on Mars, I didn't do the numbers, but I doubt they have more than 1 in 5 success rate. It is an expensive mission and audacious for how it is going to try to land, so I desperately want it to succeed.

Comment

Make no mistake scrum, people against spending money on space exploration will go ape shit if this multi billion dollar mission fails. Media will pick it up and if enough pressure is put on it could be very very bad for nasa.

Comment

Working...
                              X