Bullfighter see the error of his ways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullfighter see the error of his ways

This incredible photo marks the end of Matador Torero Alvaro Munera's career. He collapsed in remorse mid-fight when he realized he was having to prompt this otherwise gentle beast to fight. He went on to become an avid opponent of bullfights. Even grievously wounded by picadors, he did not attack this man.
    Torrero Munera is quoted as saying of this moment: "And suddenly, I looked at the bull. He
    had this innocence that all animals have in their eyes, and he looked at me with this pleading. It was like a cry for justice, deep down inside of me. I describe it as being like a prayer - because if one confesses, it is hoped, that one is forgiven. I felt like the worst shit on earth."
    "Cows are amongst the gentlest of breathing creatures; none show more passionate tenderness to their young when deprived of them; and, in short, I am not ashamed to profess a deep love for these quiet creatures."
    Attached Files

Profound.

Comment

Damn. That is heart breaking. I have always been against bull fighting. They should let that bull go in there without being weakened first, won't have a problem with people wanting to be bullfighters after a few of those.

Comment

They should just let the bull go full stop, only kill what your gonna eat and do it humanely

Comment

Yea that's pretty cool. Did the bull live or someone else kill it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
            "Cows are amongst the gentlest of breathing creatures; none show more passionate tenderness to their young when deprived of them; "
            This I agree with wholeheartedly. I remember as a kid when I used to visit my grandparents who had a farm and dairy cattle. One cow had a calf that was sick and despite the vet's best efforts, the calf died. The cow cried and cried with the dead calf next to her, I mean literally had tears running down her face. I was about 6 years old and it didn't register then, but looking back, it was remarkable how some of these animals show emotion.

Comment

But the rest of the bullfighter's epiphany stuff seems to be made up...

snopes.com: Álvaro Múnera

Agree with the sentiment expressed though...

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                This I agree with wholeheartedly. I remember as a kid when I used to visit my grandparents who had a farm and dairy cattle. One cow had a calf that was sick and despite the vet's best efforts, the calf died. The cow cried and cried with the dead calf next to her, I mean literally had tears running down her face. I was about 6 years old and it didn't register then, but looking back, it was remarkable how some of these animals show emotion.
                what do you know, and Indian loves his cows! :rofl:

Comment

Could be that your search for falsehood to try and discredit the story only found a bullshit troll site thats pro bullfighting

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                    what do you know, and Indian loves his cows! :rofl:

Ha...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                      Could be that your search for falsehood to try and discredit the story only found a bullshit troll site thats pro bullfighting
                      Yes Mr. I, you got me... I'm a vegetarian, born Hindu from India and I enjoy wanton cruelty to animals and watching them die in a pool of their own blood.... :retard:

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                        Yes Mr. I, you got me... I'm a vegetarian, born Hindu from India and I enjoy wanton cruelty to animals and watching them die in a pool of their own blood.... :retard:
                        Your making my palpitations come back, stop the cyber bullying or out could cause my death and you being hindu this would totally fuck your karma for life lol

Comment

Working...
                        X