Let me get this straight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
    Believe that bullshit if you want, but history shows a different story.
    Plenty of host cities have had dismal returns on the games. And these "jobs", most are temporary. Doesn't matter what you consider the royals, the fact is that plenty of poor people could have been helped. I would also say that NASA is on a whole different level then an inbred family, so please don't compare. Great minds doing fascinating stuff vs. Stuffy English folks drinking.
    I'm not comparing you are

I agree about past examples of olympics but you need to understand that this is london, not some sparsely populated out post, the olympic village athletes and officials housing will be further adapted and used for much needed social housing afterwards.

As for the royals, don't get me started on their past abhorenses and alliances, only salvage is harry and wills do good otherwise I totally agree

Comment

Originally posted by Chequedropit
      Understanding the mechanics of money, which in turn pretty much affects every aspect of our lifes and every living thing on this planet is not what I would call "political horse shit"

Infact,
      “If people understood the banking system, they would revolt” /Henry Ford

But okay bro, close your eyes. It's easier that way.:)
      Political horse shit, hit the gym brah your stressing too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
        Nah your wrong, it created jobs, housing, simulates economy and the royals do act as ambassadors and the younger ones are descent people that are a force for good.
        I was listening to a Freakanomics podcast just the other day about this very topic. Turns out that the city that spends all the money does not get the boost that it was looking for.. there is increased tourism, visibility, etc. but not just for the city. In other words, the best place to be is a city that is sufficiently close by and yet has not spent all that money.

There still is hope for Leeds, Mr. I!! :thumup:

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
          I was listening to a Freakanomics podcast just the other day about this very topic. Turns out that the city that spends all the money does not get the boost that it was looking for.. there is increased tourism, visibility, etc. but not just for the city. In other words, the best place to be is a city that is sufficiently close by and yet has not spent all that money.

There still is hope for Leeds, Mr. I!! :thumup:
          The majority of american tourists for example visit london so it does get that boost, but the boost its not just tourism as I mentioned above. Leeds does well anyway scrum, but I take your point

Comment

Working...
          X