The Kid is home..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Kid is home..

Well Picked up the kid. She had recurring stress fractures in her legs so Uncle Sam said they cant use her anymore. She is getting signed up for collage and is going to try to get in on a 2 year degree for Paramedicine Technology.This way she earns an associate degree in it verses just getting a EMT diploma in one year. She can stay at home and go to the local school a few miles from the house.This will keep the cost down a bunch! Then this will allow her to then transfer that and go to school for one more year to become a RN and become a Nurse.For that she will need to travel to another school an hour away and back everyday.

So this will allow her to have a degree and be a certified EMT without the added expense of travelling for 3 years to school everyday for the straight up RN program.Also if needed she can go to work as an EMT after the first two years.

She only has a very short window(days) to get signed up for this semester and hopefuly can get it all done in time. If not the next class starts in Jan.

She was in for just under 11 months, so she will be considered a veteran and qualify for 50% of her GI bill education funding. So that will help out a bunch on getting her thru school.:agreed:

So, Plan "B" is now in effect for the kid!! added bonus for me...I got the best hunting buddy in the world back just in time for this years hunting season!!!:thumup:

Sounds great. Good choice on the RN, we need good, educated nurses.

Seems like I always talk to the bottom of the barrel nurses.

Comment

Nurse is good bro.... Seems like we are going to have a massive shortage in the coming years, so she should be in demand. Plus, it is the ultimate portable job.

Comment

How is she feeling about the whole thing? Is she upset or is she happy to be moving on to something else.

Comment

Sorry about the military thing. i know you guys are disappointed but this may work out better anyway, plus like you say, you see her more.

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
            How is she feeling about the whole thing? Is she upset or is she happy to be moving on to something else.
            She feels shes let the family and herself down. I explained to her there is a big difference between quitting and being injured. It's not her fault and we are very proud of her.

She is hitting the gym every morning and swimming to stay in shape as her leg is healing.

Shes excited about going to school, one of the things she mentioned is how much she has grown up and now understands her responsibilities much more. She finally admitted she had terriable study habits and didnt apply herself in Highschool near as much as she could have. Its done her a world of good and as she said yesterday...she won't take stuff for granted anymore and understands the meaning of working and earning somoething verses just getting something.:thumup:

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper View Post
              She feels shes let the family and herself down. I explained to her there is a big difference between quitting and being injured. It's not her fault and we are very proud of her.
              :clapback::clapback:

Comment

Working...
              X