I feel terrible...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel terrible...

So today was my "day off" but not really because I work my days off for overtime. The thing is they don't want you to work over 8 hours because they have to pay double time. I carry 5 different routes when the normal person is off I do their route, its called a swing. Anyways, there is one route on my swing that is just a monster!!! There isn't a regular carrier on that route because nobody can handle it. So I get bumped over to the monster route like everyday.

So, there is a lady on my swing on vacation this week so I've been doing her route all week. I was liking the little break from the big ass route but today this girl who has been been carrying the big route this week got attacked by a Pit Bull and got her face pretty tore up. I guess at some point during the attack its knocked her to the ground and just went after her face. She is just a temp worker so she doesnt have benefits, I'm sure the post office will take care of everything for her. But, I'm really feeling like its my fault, or I should have been in her place. I just got off work and went to the hospital but they are still working on her. I'm actually sitting in the parking lot right now. I really feel like shit!!

Not your fault in any way, shape or form. Just as it isn't the person who is on vacations fault, either. It's a terrible thing that happened, with nobody to blame but the dog and/or dog owner. Cheer up buddy, you were just doing a job. *hug*

Comment

Yea bro that shit has nothing to do with you. It's the dog and dog owners fault.

Comment

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have dogs man like some people shouldn't be allowed to reproduce. Did they put the dog down?

Comment

Originally posted by dago View Post
          Some people shouldn't be allowed to have dogs man like some people shouldn't be allowed to reproduce. Did they put the dog down?
          you mean like the poor little kitty cat you setup and your dog MURDERED!!! :hibb:

just kidding bro. :thumup:

Comment

Not your fault. Dog owners fault all the way.

Comment

They took the dog to watch for rabies or something. I'm pretty sure they will put it down. Another guy got attacked by a Pit Bull a few months ago and they put that dog down.

I know everyone says "It's not the breed" but I've seen 1000's of dogs since I've been delivering mail and 99% of dog breeds behave the same. Like Rotts and German Shepherds bark and run in a circle the whole time. Boxers always charge the front door and jump up and down. Most dogs when they get lose they come after you and stop a few feet away kinda like they are giving you a warning. Pit bulls charge and dont slow down or anything, they want to inflict pain on whatever is in their sights.

I know there are some exceptions to this of course! But for the most part this is something I've dealt with on a daily basis for years.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankTheTank55 View Post
                They took the dog to watch for rabies or something. I'm pretty sure they will put it down. Another guy got attacked by a Pit Bull a few months ago and they put that dog down.

I know everyone says "It's not the breed" but I've seen 1000's of dogs since I've been delivering mail and 99% of dog breeds behave the same. Like Rotts and German Shepherds bark and run in a circle the whole time. Boxers always charge the front door and jump up and down. Most dogs when they get lose they come after you and stop a few feet away kinda like they are giving you a warning. Pit bulls charge and dont slow down or anything, they want to inflict pain on whatever is in their sights.

I know there are some exceptions to this of course! But for the most part this is something I've dealt with on a daily basis for years.
                I hate to say this but your right it is the breed. Like I posted awhile back about the different breeding standards of the 2 main kennel clubs out there for these dogs. If bred to the adba standard you will most def have a bad ass dog that needs a special owner that understands what this breed is for. The sad part is these animals get in the wrong hands of people wanting a tough bully dog and get some kid tore up or in your case. Then the Pit Bull gets blamed for what it was bred to do by us.

Comment

Ehh, I still disagree. I've said it before, I have had multiple pit bulls, and they have all been amazing, loyal pets to me and my family. I think what you are seeing is that *most* of these accidents/occurrences are happening with dogs that belong to shitbag owners. Shitbag owners happen to like pit bulls because they are "tough" (by societies definition) and they have incredible strength. These people have NO business with animals, and in turn, the dog is the one that pays the price. If a Shar-Pei was the "tough" dog to get, he would attack as well.

Comment

I hate to say this but your right it is the breed. Like I posted awhile back about the different breeding standards of the 2 main kennel clubs out there for these dogs. If bred to the adba standard you will most def have a bad ass dog that needs a special owner that understands what this breed is for. The sad part is these animals get in the wrong hands of people wanting a tough bully dog and get some kid tore up or in your case. Then the Pit Bull gets blamed for what it was bred to do by us.
                    Exactly right!! These people have this dog that is instinctively a gladiator but leave their front door open??? I have nothing against Pit Bulls or any other dogs but if you have a dog that you know will bite somebody then you better make every effort to keep the dog contained. People are so fucking stupid! So many times I walk up to a house with a dog going nuts and the owner will try to crack the door and stick his hand out for the mail. As soon as I see the door opening I slam it shut and say "Your mail will be here still in 10 seconds! Don't open the door till I'm gone!" People are the idiots!

Comment

What will they let you carry for defense?

They should let all of have electrified asp batons. Dogs freak out just hearing that electricity.

Comment

BTW....Not your fault at all. Shitty shitty occurrence, but nothing you could have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post

They should let all of have electrified asp batons. Dogs freak out just hearing that electricity.
                          My dog goes ape shit at the sound of tasers and cow prods. It is the only thing that makes him appear vicious. He goes from the happy go lucky mildly retarded clown to a fucking raging animal trying to bite the electrical arc. I had a 1.3 million volt taser that sounded like you were banging to 2x4s together it cracked so loud and he nearly got a hold of it one day. :retard:

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post

They have this cheap ass dog spray. You press the button and the shit goes everywhere but where you're pointing it! LOL But I haven't carried dog spray or anything in over 10 years. I've kicked many dogs in the face though!!! Most of the time I just put my mail bag in their face and the bite the bag. 9 times outta 10 the owner is SO FUCKING EXCITED to get the mail they lose all common sense in the excitement and they open the door and here comes the dog running at me full speed! So I normally only have to keep the dog off me for a few seconds before the owner grabs it. Then I politely tell the owner how stupid they are and go on with my business.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankTheTank55 View Post
                              They have this cheap ass dog spray. You press the button and the shit goes everywhere but where you're pointing it! LOL But I haven't carried dog spray or anything in over 10 years. I've kicked many dogs in the face though!!! Most of the time I just put my mail bag in their face and the bite the bag. 9 times outta 10 the owner is SO FUCKING EXCITED to get the mail they lose all common sense in the excitement and they open the door and here comes the dog running at me full speed! So I normally only have to keep the dog off me for a few seconds before the owner grabs it. Then I politely tell the owner how stupid they are and go on with my business.
                              A buddy of mine is a power meter reader and they gave him some big umbrella contraption; supposed to scare the dogs when it opens rapidly and then you can use it as a shield, lmfao. Any medium size dog with a purpose or bad intention would tear through it in an instant!

Comment

Working...
                              X