From back in the early 1800's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From back in the early 1800's

My bud Tom and I were running our boats in the river yesterday and ran across some very old stuff. Tom did a search of it when he got back home and found what we ran across. Next time I'm up that way I'll take some pics of it. Pretty cool stuff. I had never been that far up the river before and had no idea this was there or had ever heard of it before.:thumup:

Savannah

Savannah Ogeechee Canal Society - Canal Maps

When you stay stuff what do you mean? The canal itself or you mean you ran across actual things like old tools or boats or something?

Comment

There was a big structure that was made of bricks on the side of the canal itself. It looks like it was used as a loading dock of sorts. Also saw old bridge pilings made from wood. they were so old tress and bushes were growing out of them and they went across the river about half way. pretty cool. this is on the far western end of the canal at the ogeechee river side. From what I have been told talking to some older folks from around here. they say back then they took their good thru the swamps on a trail to the bridge crossed the river and loaded it on old wooden barges. then the barges were pulled by mules the 16 miles to savannah to market. Pretty cool....

Comment

of all the times you dont have your fucken camera with you. that old shit is interesting. go back right now and take pics. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
          of all the times you dont have your fucken camera with you. that old shit is interesting. go back right now and take pics. thanks
          Bad part is I did have the damn thing. I got so intrested in checking the shit out...I never thought to bust out the camera....Sometimes Im a dipshit!!:agreed:

Comment

Working...
          X