Security Cameras and Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Cameras and Systems

I'm currently in the market for security cameras and/or a complete system with dvr capabilities. Does anyone have any advice on what to look for, what to avoid, mfgr's? I've seen several of these cheap systems like what you can get at Sam's and Costco and that's what they seem to be, not cheap, but over-priced junk. The resolution/picture quality was shit.

Some of the things I'm look for are PTZ cams or just PT also with night vision with a good quality picture. Also the ability to stream live video and dvr...

Originally posted by GTLinFL View Post
    I'm currently in the market for security cameras and/or a complete system with dvr capabilities. Does anyone have any advice on what to look for, what to avoid, mfgr's? I've seen several of these cheap systems like what you can get at Sam's and Costco and that's what they seem to be, not cheap, but over-priced junk. The resolution/picture quality was shit.

Some of the things I'm look for are PTZ cams or just PT also with night vision with a good quality picture. Also the ability to stream live video and dvr...
    I have seen them at costco also with night vision ect but never compared to anything else. Id be intrested in what you find as I have been wanting the same thing. I perfer wireless so I can hide the cameras in weird spots

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
      I have seen them at costco also with night vision ect but never compared to anything else. Id be intrested in what you find as I have been wanting the same thing. I perfer wireless so I can hide the cameras in weird spots
      Hide them in weird spots? Like Voyeur Dorm weird,LOL :rofl:
      Yeah bro, they're not worth a damn. Go check this one out ( AirSight PTZ Pro Wireless IP Camera - Pan / Tilt / Zoom ) it is a wireless PTZ IP camera. Pricey!!! but I've heard good things about it. My friend had the regular airsight cams and they weren't bad. I would like to have wireless, but it doesn't really matter I guess. Definitely need the ptz or at least pt, though. Hopefully we'll get some people weighing in on this soon. As I need to get them pretty soon as well...
      Last edited by GTLinFL; 01-31-13, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Something else about those that I posted the link to. You can do whats called PoE, power over ethernet if you decide to use them to go wired instead of wireless, that way you don't have to have a seperate power supply. Now, with those cams imparticular, you DO have to have a power supply to connect to. Although you can stream video over your network wirelessly...

Comment

So, I'm guessing nobody has any experience with security cameras?

Comment

So, I'm guessing nobody has any experience with security cameras?
            lol we are the only paranoid fucks in this site

Comment

:agreed::agreed:

Comment

^^^
                +1. :D

Comment

Lol, I guess so!!! Oh yeah and we can't forget about beast and his paranoia of the apocalypse, lol :panic::panic:

Comment

Lol, I guess so!!! Oh yeah and we can't forget about beast and his paranoia of the apocalypse, lol :panic::panic:

That's Colossus. Beast is normal!

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                      That's Colossus. Beast is normal!
                      Oh yeah, you're right! Whoopsie, sorry about that beast, lol. Speaking of Colossus, I'm surprised he hasn't commented yet on here...

Comment

Working...
                      X