Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drained

Mentally, physically, and emotionally.

My aunt (who I am very close to) has been diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer. She us only 46 and has led a healthy lifestyle.

On top of coping with that, my daughter has the flu; fever, vomiting, screaming in discomfort. My wife and I haven't slept more that an hour in the last 40 hours.

Feeling pretty helpless right now.

Sorry bro, dark time of year too, daughter will get better, I'm sure its time to help your aunt

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
      Sorry bro, dark time of year too, daughter will get better, I'm sure its time to help your aunt
      That's the helpless part. I cannot help my aunt apart from positive encouragement. She is in Pa I'm in Fl. She will be starting radiation this week.

Madison (my daughter) requires 2 syringes of pedialyte every 30 minutes to stave off dehydration. She can't eat or drink without vomiting. Hence the low volume of pedialyte in short intervals. Poor little thing is so weak and tired.

Comment

sorry to hear bro. all you can do is your best. easy to say when your not in the situation though i know.

Comment

I"m sorry.

Frank and I were just discussing the unfairness of life the other day. A good healthy person has to deal with and suffer through tragedy, while the next shitbag lives to be 107. Just doesn't seem fair.

Try to focus on the positive, your aunt will need that and it will help you. You have a beautiful wife and daughter, and another precious peanut on the way.

I hope Madison is feeling better very soon. It's hard when we can't take our little ones hurts away!

Comment

Prayers bro....

Comment

Sorry brother..

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                I"m sorry.

Frank and I were just discussing the unfairness of life the other day. A good healthy person has to deal with and suffer through tragedy, while the next shitbag lives to be 107. Just doesn't seem fair.

Try to focus on the positive, your aunt will need that and it will help you. You have a beautiful wife and daughter, and another precious peanut on the way.

I hope Madison is feeling better very soon. It's hard when we can't take our little ones hurts away!
                I've had that discussion many times. I dont like to wish harm or death on anyone but in moments like this you can't help but think about the no good scum of the earth that maliciously goes through life and leads a long disease free life.

It's remarkable how a tragedy can (re)unite a family. The ones with their petty grudges suddenly realize the insignificance of their differences.

Madison wakes up and in her weak, hoarse, and sad little voice says "daddy I sick" breaks my heart.

Comment

Sorry to hear all this!! It sucks when our kids are hurting, sick or sad! And cancer is such bullshit! I just had a friend pass away after a two year battle with cancer. She was only 36 years old! Then my friends 9 year old son who is fighting brain cancer just found out it spread to his spine...

Its very sad, my thoughts are with you and your family!

Comment

Originally posted by FrankTheTank55 View Post
                    Sorry to hear all this!! It sucks when our kids are hurting, sick or sad! And cancer is such bullshit! I just had a friend pass away after a two year battle with cancer. She was only 36 years old! Then my friends 9 year old son who is fighting brain cancer just found out it spread to his spine...

That's tragic, Frank. I'm sorry to hear that as well.

Comment

DAMN...Sorry bout that bro....

Comment

That's rough.. hang in there bro...

Comment

Turn for the worse; Madison has been admitted to the hospital. She has the rotavirus. It's apparently often misdiagnosed as stomach flu (which is what happened with her) and very common. Fortunately it's easily treated so she is better here than home.

I'll tell you what, I think I have a pretty high tolerance to pain and can handle most scenarios with confidence and poise. But when they were trying to get an iv in her tiny little hand and she was staring in my eyes screaming "dadda help" I fucking fell apart. Took a hard conscious effort to keep my exterior composure.

Comment

Damn... sorry to hear.

I was about to bring up the rotavirus. I was just reading a news item on cnn about the rotavirus. She'll get better soon.. hang in there.

Comment

I just had a friend pass away after a two year battle with cancer. She was only 36 years old! Then my friends 9 year old son who is fighting brain cancer just found out it spread to his spine...
                              that kinda shit makes you stop and think. fucked up. :noo:

Originally posted by blm View Post
                              Turn for the worse; Madison has been admitted to the hospital. She has the rotavirus. It's apparently often misdiagnosed as stomach flu (which is what happened with her) and very common. Fortunately it's easily treated so she is better here than home.

I'll tell you what, I think I have a pretty high tolerance to pain and can handle most scenarios with confidence and poise. But when they were trying to get an iv in her tiny little hand and she was staring in my eyes screaming "dadda help" I fucking fell apart. Took a hard conscious effort to keep my exterior composure.
                              dont think i could deal with it and dont want to go through things like that. you are a tougher man then I. hope she feels better soon bro.

Comment

Working...
                              X