Amazon to use drones for delivery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ashop View Post
    Getting around the FAA and many other obstacles is going to be a tough feat to make this a reality.
    I hope your right bro, I don't like this idea one bit even tho I'm buying off of amazon every week. It's amazing what money can get you tho, and Amazon corp has lots of it...

Comment

The article bouncer posted really breaks down the significant issues a project like this faces; not just federal guidelines but real world. All the money in the world isn't going to prevent Billy Bob lipripper from shooting it out of the sky or some crook from intercepting the package(s).

Comment

Not sure amazon even needs drones.

I ordered something Sunday morning and got it Monday morning.

NFL.com on the other hand... I ordered something on cyber monday and still dont even have a "processing" email. lol. Got a good deal though. $85 hoodie and $15 skull cap for a total of $55 with free 2 day shipping. Look for me at the upcomming Monday night bears game, hottest stud there!

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
          The article bouncer posted really breaks down the significant issues a project like this faces; not just federal guidelines but real world. All the money in the world isn't going to prevent Billy Bob lipripper from shooting it out of the sky or some crook from intercepting the package(s).
          If they're equipped with cameras and heavy fines/jail sentences it might help...Just like fuckin with people's mail boxes - federal offense punishable by jail time

They're already equipped with GPS so location plus a face would make it somewhat feasable to charge someone I'd think

Comment

All the money in the world isn't going to prevent Billy Bob lipripper from shooting it out of the sky
            :laugh::laugh::clapback::clapback:

Comment

Flying hacker contraption hunts other drones, turns them into zombies | Ars Technica

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                :laugh::laugh::clapback::clapback:
                what the fuck you laughing at? that was a great compliment:grin:

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper View Post

what the fuck you laughing at? that was a great compliment:grin:
                  Modern day duck huntin. Even PETA would be proud. Lol

Comment

This in particular opens up a shit storm though. Once something like this happens, commercial drones and even homemade civilian droves will be fucking everywhere. Imagine driving or walking around and having drones all over the fucking sky, each one of them with camera's and listening devices.. I am all for technology but god damn it's getting a bit scary. Privacy will be out the window, pretty much already is..

Not to mention all the UPS/fedex/usps drivers who would be out of a job. I realize I sound like an old person scared of the future but sometimes the change will be so drastic that you can't help but be a little scared.
                    Pretty sure we already drones all over the fucking sky. They are up there, watching and listening.

Comment

Not sure amazon even needs drones.

I ordered something Sunday morning and got it Monday morning.

NFL.com on the other hand... I ordered something on cyber monday and still dont even have a "processing" email. lol. Got a good deal though. $85 hoodie and $15 skull cap for a total of $55 with free 2 day shipping. Look for me at the upcomming Monday night bears game, hottest stud there!
                      Fashion fan huh?

I don't like the NFL but I will buy the gear and sport it out in whatever city I live in.... :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post

Pretty sure we already drones all over the fucking sky. They are up there, watching and listening.
                        Totally different class of "drones".

Comment

Totally different class of "drones".
                          I gathered that.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post

I gathered that.
                            I figured this much but wasn't sure of the intention of your post. I thought you may have been implying because they exist then there is no reason an Amazon drone isn't feasible.

Comment

Modern day duck huntin. Even PETA would be proud. Lol
                              hey bro..at least I have te skills to take um down...:thumb:

Bouncer will be out there with his ninteno or x box controls wondering WTF?:rofl:

Comment

Looks like my CUZ Billy BOB is ahead of Amazon...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Air hogs: Drones secret weapon in hunt for feral pigs | Fox News

Comment

Working...
                                X