No announcement yet.

raising boys before they become men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I'm sure my wife is going to cheat on me because I'm not good at expressing sadness.lol I keep her happy bro. If you're right, it wasn't meant to be anyways

Comment

There is nothing hotter to women then a tough guy on the outside and a teddy bear on the inside. If you chose to play the 1950's uptight man that's your choice, just don't be surprised is all I'm saying..

Comment

Balance.

I got belted almost daily growing up. We'd go somewhere and my dad would keep count of how many 'swats' I had coming - for things like referring to my parents using pronouns instead of 'my mother' or 'my father' or not looking at my dad when I spoke to him, etc.

That said, I have never spanked my son. He is 9 years old, and I don't need to - I can make him cry with the tone of my voice. He isn't a pussy, either. In 2nd grade he was suspended for beating up 2x 3rd grade kids that were picking on a kid with Downs Syndrome on the playground. He knows right from wrong because I raised him right. And still am. I'm a fucking _parent_.

The problem with kids today isn't that they are too soft/hard, the problem is with the parents - they are working or using XBox as a babysitter, etc instead of putting in the time to be a parent, to teach them, raise them, and love them.

Beating your child is what you do when you don't know what to do - be a bully and beat that square peg into the round hole with a belt.

How many kids do you have Red and Matt? Exactly. Parenting advice from non-parents is like getting workout advice from Rosie O'Donell.

Comment

Originally posted by monster70k View Post
          Balance.

I got belted almost daily growing up. We'd go somewhere and my dad would keep count of how many 'swats' I had coming - for things like referring to my parents using pronouns instead of 'my mother' or 'my father' or not looking at my dad when I spoke to him, etc.

That said, I have never spanked my son. He is 9 years old, and I don't need to - I can make him cry with the tone of my voice. He isn't a pussy, either. In 2nd grade he was suspended for beating up 2x 3rd grade kids that were picking on a kid with Downs Syndrome on the playground. He knows right from wrong because I raised him right. And still am. I'm a fucking _parent_.

The problem with kids today isn't that they are too soft/hard, the problem is with the parents - they are working or using XBox as a babysitter, etc instead of putting in the time to be a parent, to teach them, raise them, and love them.

Beating your child is what you do when you don't know what to do - be a bully and beat that square peg into the round hole with a belt.

How many kids do you have Red and Matt? Exactly. Parenting advice from non-parents is like getting workout advice from Rosie O'Donell.
          Have a girl bro. U assume to know my life? Idc its ur opinion. I have mine, you have yours. All I said is how I was raised. I didn't say kids need the shit beat out of them.

Comment

No - just assumed - my mistake.

Comment

It's all good. I didn't get religiously beat with the belt like you did, that is fucked up. If I wouldn't listen after many attempts I got spanked. Not hard, just enuf to get the message through. Only got the belt several times when I did something really fucked up or deliberately disobeyed just to be a dick.lol. so, I can see why you have your feelings on the matter. I agree talking and teaching should be first and foremost. Just saying there were times I deserved my ass beat and I'm not resentful in the least for it now.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                true story. my dad would ask me which one I would rather play.. "basketball or football".. if i picked football he would say "why don't you like basketball"?

These type of mental fucks at such a young age for someone with a personality and mind like mine is fucken dangerous. I am very lucky to have had the mom I had. If it weren't for her things could have been very different for me.

daddy issues for sure. i always did great in school when my teacher was a woman. if my teacher was a man forget about it. failed. i will never trust any man. Same reason I never had much of an interest in playing sports despite being pretty athletic. i dont care for "the team".. only myself and LOL @ any man yelling or talking down to me... id die before I let that shit happen...

Novel over. :)
                Sorry to hear that bro. My dad was awesome completely supportive not pushy in anyway just all around a great dad!

Comment

Working...
                X