A few photos from the Oregon Coast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few photos from the Oregon Coast

Managed to get to the coast yesterday to enjoy a rare sunny winter day here in Oregon. It was cold but beautiful!

Haystack Rock at Cannon Beach, Oregon ... a cliched shot but I am pleased at how it came out.

A shot of the Three Graces at low tide - a clump of rocks off the coast at Garibaldi, Oregon.

Sunset at Cape Meares State Park

The Oregon/Washington coast is so pretty. Definitely a drive I want to take again!

Comment

Gorgeous! I wanna visit there sometime soon

Comment

Wow - gorgeous pics. Great lighting and framing of the primary object.

But where are the birds? ;)

Comment

Beautiful.

Thanks for posting this on the day that may see Chicago's coldest ever at -19 real temp and -40's wind chill.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
            Beautiful.

Thanks for posting this on the day that may see Chicago's coldest ever at -19 real temp and -40's wind chill.

Thanks a lot.
            :rofl::rofl:

Comment

Awesome shots scrum. :)
              6D ftw! :weights:
              Did you use your 24-70 2.8?

Comment

Matt, yes, you should visit. The Oregon coastline is just fantastic, nothing else like it! :)

Originally posted by monster70k View Post
                Wow - gorgeous pics. Great lighting and framing of the primary object.

But where are the birds? ;)
                Lots of bird shots too, but not posting here! You guys just can't appreciate our feathered friends! :)

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                Beautiful.

Thanks a lot.
                Happy to oblige,bro! It was 20 degrees when I left home in the morning but it warmed up to 50 something by late afternoon, in case you were wondering. :D

Originally posted by BEAST View Post
                Awesome shots scrum. :)
                6D ftw! :weights:
                Did you use your 24-70 2.8?
                Yep, all the shots are with the 24-70. Great lens - color rendition is just gorgeous. I barely need tweak anything in Lightroom.

Comment

Nice!
                  I was looking at some of the used ones and they go between 1000-1100 bucks. I'm thinking about getting one.

Comment

Go for it bro... Mark 1 or Mark 2? I think the Mark 1 has some copy to copy variation, so make sure you test it out thoroughly.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                      Go for it bro... Mark 1 or Mark 2? I think the Mark 1 has some copy to copy variation, so make sure you test it out thoroughly.
                      Mark 1. My tamron 28-75 2.8 works beautifully with my 60D. It produces amazingly sharp pictures but that is not the case with it on my 6D. I've heard some other people having the same kind of problem with it on a full frame camera and I guess that's why tamron has 24-70 2.8 also.

Tamron 24-70 goes for a little over a thousand but if I'm going to spend a grand I might as well join the L lens club. :grin:

And yes I will take a few test shots before I pay for it. Plus I'm looking for some of the later build code ones.

Comment

Beautiful.

Love the shots.

I thought of you when I saw the black bear hiking, wish I had a good photo of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
                          Beautiful.

Love the shots.

I thought of you when I saw the black bear hiking, wish I had a good photo of it.
                          How close did you get to the bear? Hope it wasn't a mother with cubs! :eek:

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                            How close did you get to the bear? Hope it wasn't a mother with cubs! :eek:
                            Yeah a mamma bear isn't nothing to mess with.lol I've been within sight of 3 different black bears before, 2 crossing a lake 50 yards in front of the boat I was in, the other across on the shore. I used to just arm myself with a big ass knife but now I carry bear spray. (Can't take sidearms across Canada border so that's why no gun). Came within 100 feet of a Bull moose one time too, that was awesome!

Comment

Moose are as big as a truck and can mess you up pretty bad too... got to give them a wide berth.

Comment

Working...
                              X