Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cosmos to air March 9th across 10 channels!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmos to air March 9th across 10 channels!

Good to see a series on science being made such a big deal of on US television.

http://www.thewrap.com/fox-cosmos-spacetime-odyssey

Just saw that the other night. It's great that something so educational and interesting is being pushed to the masses.

Comment

Good stuff, thats all i watch anymore is educational type shit, documentaries, etc. I cant stand all the other garbage they call television

Comment

Can't believe Sinbad got a job. Good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
          Can't believe Sinbad .
          Lol

Surprised the guy still gets gigs

Comment

Awesome! Looking forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronin View Post
              Lol

Surprised the guy still gets gigs
              Explain. Because I don't think you have any idea what is going on as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                Good stuff, thats all i watch anymore is educational type shit, documentaries, etc. I cant stand all the other garbage they call television

Everything else is "reality" and it's so staged and fake it's pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                  Good to see a series on science being made such a big deal of on US television.

Fox's 'Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey' to Debut on 10 U.S. Channels Simultaneously - TheWrap
                  Ahhhh it's the same shit again. Some gas blew up fourteen billion years ago and made the stars and the planets and then same crap about some black hole no one been to, then they tell us it's gonna take us billion light year to get to the nearest planet, blah....blah...blah!!!

Boooorrriiiinnnggg!!! :grin:

Comment

lol...

Comment

sinbad - Google Search

he said sinbad:fufool:
                      Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                      lol...
                      Oh shut up:slap:

Comment

Haven't gotten a chance to watch yet. Are they as good as we were hoping or what? I'm not expecting it to live up to the original but I'm hoping it's good at the very least.

Comment

I have not seen it either, but the initial reactions I have heard on some science podcasts I listen to are overwhelmingly positive.

Comment

I missed it, but heard the first one was kinda a let down. My dad watches all kinds of stuff like that, and said it was basically a reiteration of all the things he's heard before just with much better graphics. Nothing new or groundbreaking. He was pumped about it too before it came out but said if the next one isn't any better then he won't bother watching any more of them. Not that he's an astrophysicist or anything though.lol

Comment

So I finally got around to watching it. I've seen the first 2 so far. Sad to say I am a bit disappointed. Tyson is no Seagan, not even close. Very awkward sometimes in how he talks to the camera. Hard to explain until you see it.

The editing and the way they incorporate animation into the story just doesn't pull you in the way the original did.

I'll watch them all simply because of the subject matter but I sadly admit I am a bit disappointed so far. :(

Comment

Working...
                              X