Microsoft morphs into a hardware giant with Nokia deal completion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft morphs into a hardware giant with Nokia deal completion

Microsoft morphs into a hardware giant with Nokia deal completion | The Verge

Wow Zzzzzzz

Comment

Hope they keep the high standards of Nokia. The lumia series is a great phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
        Hope they keep the high standards of Nokia. The lumia series is a great phone.
        agree. BUT. as long as windows mobile lacks the apps of ios or android it's just not worth it.

apps empower a smart phone and microsoft is WAY behind here.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
          agree. BUT. as long as windows mobile lacks the apps of ios or android it's just not worth it.

apps empower a smart phone and microsoft is WAY behind here.
          Not really.

Using a Nokia 1020 now after using a BB for months. I am able to have every app I use. Both platforms are missing a lot of games, but I don't game on the phone. The Nokia comes with apps developed by Nokia that blow some ios/android apps out of the water.

I use a phone for texting, email, phone calls, music player. I can get by with minimal apps. I know that some people are app crazy. Banking apps, social media shit, etc. It depends on the user.

The more apps is better philosophy was started by Apple when android was gaining speed.

Comment

yes really.

apps are everything to the average consumer and rightly so. windows phone will never really take off until they can come close to matching android or ios.

Comment

yes really.

apps are everything to the average consumer and rightly so. windows phone will never really take off until they can come close to matching android or ios.
              Which windows phone have you owned? It is easy to discount when you are just going off what reviewers are saying.

They all have pros/cons.

Comment

Reviews and the numbers tell you all you need to know.

Look into the sales figures and compare. There is a reason for it and its not because windows mobile is amazing. Lol

Comment

Reviews and the numbers tell you all you need to know.

Look into the sales figures and compare. There is a reason for it and its not because windows mobile is amazing. Lol
                  Which model did you own? You forgot to tell me. :thumb:

Don't care about sales figures, I don't look at the top pop 100 to pick my music either.

I care about user experience. I flip/flop between every mobile phone and can do just fine on any. Android is a mini computer, Apple is stupid simple to use, BB is focused on communication (pretty important in a phone), Windows is like an ios/android baby that is better IMO.

Comment

Working...
                  X