Grill recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grill recommendation

Want to buy a grill... Nothing too fancy, just for casual use 2 or 3 times a week. Just want something that is reliable, cleans up easy and does a good job. No need for some stainless steel behemoth that Bobby Flay personally designed.

Any recommendations?

Weber's Best Outdoor Gas, Electric & Charcoal Grills | Weber.com

Comment

Big Green Egg :thumb:

Comment

I'm not sure I want a charcoal grill, FB! Kinda like the simplicity of gas... Is that heresy? :panic:

Noob question - how are the Webers better than say something from Home Depot? No issue spending the extra cash if there is a compelling reason, but remember I am vegetarian, so I'm not a hard core griller like most of you.

Comment

If I were you I'd go to Home Depot and buy the $99 gas grill. It won't be the grill that lasts your whole lifetime, but it will give you a few years and you'll decide how often you really use it. Being that you are only cooking vegetables, I just don't think you need anything fancy.

The BGE is awesome and you can cook everything from steak to pizza to cake. But I doubt you really need anything that pricey!

Comment

I always bought the cheap $99 grill and then replaced it in 5 years. I purchased a Weber about 5 years ago and love it. Not only is it built to last but it grills evenly every time. There are no hot-spots. A little pricey but I grill almost every day. Definitely worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
              I'm not sure I want a charcoal grill, FB! Kinda like the simplicity of gas... Is that heresy? :panic:

Noob question - how are the Webers better than say something from Home Depot? No issue spending the extra cash if there is a compelling reason, but remember I am vegetarian, so I'm not a hard core griller like most of you.
              I would do what fb and chadd mentioned if I were you. Get the cheap one and see how you like grilling in general. In will last a few years before it falls apart. Then you will be in a better position to make a decision on how much or little you use the grill.

Webber will pretty much last forever with minimal maintenance but they can be expensive.

Comment

So I'm ready to pull the trigger on this. I assume I need the liquid propane version, right? They have natural gas version but I am assuming those are for direct plumbing to a natural gas line which I don't have in my condo.

Maybe I need to stop by Home Depot but I hate shopping in person. I even bought my cars online lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                  So I'm ready to pull the trigger on this. I assume I need the liquid propane version, right? They have natural gas version but I am assuming those are for direct plumbing to a natural gas line which I don't have in my condo.

Maybe I need to stop by Home Depot but I hate shopping in person. I even bought my cars online lol...

Charcoal. But yes, you need propane.

Grilled vegetables are great.

Comment

It's called a barbie mate. BBQ. Barbecue!

Comment

Working...
                    X