Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Supra is coming back and it looks sick!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Supra is coming back and it looks sick!

Looks like a combo of a Lexus LFA and a Corvette from it's side profile. It may be a toyota but god damn I love it.

New Toyota Supra Powertrain Details Emerge

Holy shit, that is badass!

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
      Looks like a combo of a Lexus LFA and a Corvette from it's side profile. This will be a serious consideration when my Audi lease is up in a couple years. It may be a toyota but god damn I love it.
      Yeah that concept was released back in January and you can drive it in the new grand turismo. And yeah you can lease one for about $1200 a month. It's gonna be at least 100k. :grin:

Comment

really? the supra was a mid 30k-40k car wasnt it?

it's like ford suddenly making a 100k mustang. thats not the spirit of the car. toyota should call it something else rather than a supra.

Comment

Nope it wasn't. You are mistaking it with celica.
          Last supra was basically a corvette fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by BEAST View Post
            Nope it wasn't. You are mistaking it with celica.
            Last supra was basically a corvette fighter.
            Yeah the old supra was a bad ass car.

Comment

MSRP of a high end supra in the 90's was 48K.. started in the 30k range.

"According to the 2007 Kelley Blue Book, the 1995 2 door SE Toyota Supra with 6 cylinder engine had a suggested list price of $31497. The 1995 Toyota Supra Turbo had a list price of $48,000 with a 6 speed manual transmission. Optional accessories and equipment would be at additional cost.
              The first listed Toyota Supra without Turbo or accessories was a 1988 2 door liftback model at a cost of $22250."

Point being, they used to be priced in mustang range, now they are trying to price it well above base model corvette range..

Comment

And 2001 my brand new corvette cost 42k, it had 350 hp v8. Supra cost 48k with twin turbo six cylinder with around 330hp.

Comment

Did you read the specs? It's gonna be techno showcase with five electric hybrid engines and shit. And that's not gonna be cheap.

Comment

Supra's and Rx7's were the cars to have back in the day. Fun and fast.

Comment

i get it bro, im not saying it wont be worth it.

im saying it kind of loses the spirit of what it's supposed to be.

to me it's like trying to price the corvette in the same price range as a ferrari. Part of the spirit of the vette is that its the "working mans super car" so to speak.

Comment

And that's why supra will be around corvette price range not mustang or camaro. Supra was Toyota's flagship car and it'll continue to be their flagship car.

Comment

k i get it. gotta admit though, that car at 50k would be pretty fucking sweet. looks better than most exotic super cars IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
                            Supra's and Rx7's were the cars to have back in the day. Fun and fast.
                            Don't forget the twin turbo 300z :retard:

But yea, those were the cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Gods Son
                              If they were gonna price it that high they would use the lexus name
                              Nope! People have been begging for return of the supra for couple of decades now, so Toyota won't be making the Lexus LFA mistake twice.

When Lexus came out with the LFA everyone was shaking their head saying should've been a supra.

Comment

Working...
                              X