working notice is such a drag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• working notice is such a drag

You know that feeling when you got another job but you have to work your notice in your current job

Another month left and its killing me lol

Thing is, I could too.

Start my new job October and its gone unconditional so its all signed up.

Only thing is id have no money coming in all september.

Fucken tempted though

Comment

Id give yourself a 2 week vacation off in between...you'll still have $ rollin in that way, unless your paychecks arent a week behind. That waiting week with the new job always sucks though

Comment

It's standup to stay but Im sure it's hard.

Comment

What do you do Mr i? Never burn bridges. Stick it out. It's only another month.

Comment

People are embittered because I'm moving on up, shitty emails about what time I check out and all manor of patheticness.

Fuckers are lucky I ever graced them with my mass

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
              People are embittered because I'm moving on up, shitty emails about what time I check out and all manor of patheticness.

Fuckers are lucky I ever graced them with my mass
              you sure it's nothing your doing? not saying your wrong, they may very well be bitter. BUT. Iv'e seen you pull the "it's not me its everyone else" game around here before. you can be a completely different person depending on what week it is. you can go from being a likable friendly type to an absolute annoying human being just like that.

point being, make sure your not treating other differently now. sometimes we all need to take a look in the mirror and pull ourselves back on track.

and yes, i am aware i need to take my own advice. :)

Comment

Yeah good advice, I'll check myself but I'm about ready to blow.

I get a good degree of autonomy there because I get a lot of valuable work done quick and make money

But for example ny boss often had me write reports because they're supposedly as urgent as a heart attack, so I crack on on the lose basis I'm given then when done the cunt sits on it for a week then says its in the wrong format or some shit because his ass fucked up in what he told me. He never apoligises.

So the other day he tries thr same shit except I say "no, you can transpose my report into any format you like "

He gets the shits about it but im not doing it and explained why

For five years ive gone out whenever I needed to get shit done at the drop of a hat, I do the same last week, having put my notice in a couple weeks ago, he writes a stinking email about it in a formal way lol

So I say nothings changed in the last five years and all of a sudden its an issue?

I don't think its me but I'm probably taking less shit now I know im on my way
                Last edited by Mr I; 08-19-14, 03:28 PM.

Comment

I'm a firm believer in giving proper notice and sticking it out. It's the professional thing to do. Sometimes you just never know what the world might throw at you. It's always good to maintain professional relationships.

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
                    I'm a firm believer in giving proper notice and sticking it out. It's the professional thing to do. Sometimes you just never know what the world might throw at you. It's always good to maintain professional relationships.
                    for sure, i've never just up and quit anywhere. Always a 2-3 week notice. But he's giving them over a month...which is why if it were me I woulda taken a week in between to relax and enjoy myself. However if he told them initially he'd stay to a certain date, then yeah, you're bound to your word on that one.

Comment

^ yeah good advive blm

Its not long now anyway and I'm on my way to something improved. Five years employment has to be worth something and I've actually done some really good stuff for them since handing in my notice.

I guess some bullshit is to be expected

Comment

I haven't yet heard of someone giving more than 2 weeks notice, including my wife, out of respect to their current job and not end up regretting it. 2 weeks is all I will ever give even if I know earlier than that.

Comment

2 months is contractually required for me

I did ask for earlier if possible but never got a response

Its to do with the seniority of the job, that being said I doubt there is much they can do if I leave early other than give a poor reference if I ever need one. That being said I want to leave knowing I was reasonable.

To be honest I just feel like people know I want to leave on a good note and are playing on this conscience, but it could be slightly to do with my own perception being off

Comment

Working...
                          X