Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The iPhone 6 Thread

Meet Apple's Super-Sized iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus | Gadget Lab | WIRED

I'm missing what new features are there... sounds pretty unimpressive. I thought Apple was going to come out with something special. This just looks like a 3GS sized up to a size that Android phones have been at for 3+ years.

But the fanbois don't care - watch them lining up outside the stores in their tents next week lol...

The more I read about this, the more I have to shake my head... what a bunch of crap. Yes, it has an A8 processor but that's about it. Same dated screen (huge dead area on top and bottom), 3GS-like look, zero innovation as far as I can tell...

And the phone/watch thing has been done already. It looks more and more like Apple is just a follower now. Whatever innovation is left is happening in Android. At least Androind phones look interesting with all the manufacturers fighting to put their own distinctive twist on things. What does Apple do - recycle a 3GS and sizes it up.. lmao..

Comment

Hardware and materials wise its a very good phone. Software wise they are falling behind android. Their watch is better than the google watch though.

Comment

Other than the processor, I don't think there is anything very impressive hardware-wise either, at least nothing that hasn't been done by others 2-3 years ago. Honestly I was really looking forward to this release, to see if I wanted to switch back to iPhone, but eh, not gonna do it. Nothing here that hasn't been done better by HTC or LG or Samsung.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
          Other than the processor, I don't think there is anything very impressive hardware-wise either, at least nothing that hasn't been done by others 2-3 years ago. Honestly I was really looking forward to this release, to see if I wanted to switch back to iPhone, but eh, not gonna do it. Nothing here that hasn't been done better by HTC or LG or Samsung.
          Apple tends to take what others have done and make it more user friendly and put it in a cleaner package.

HTC, LG, or Samsung all have there own shitty software ruining the proper android experience. This is why I have the nexus 5. Pure android as google intended it.

Until android and all the makers of android phones can unite as one and present 1 clean product apple will always have the upper-hand for the common consumer.

Comment

All I care about is the new tough glass. I don't give shit about anything else. I said it before...and saying it again. As long as I can surf the web, check my emails, text and make a phone call I am good. :grin:

Didn't do anything different with my samsung and not doing anything different with my iphone.

It's all marketing and fanboy bs.

Comment

Android all the way.

Comment

lol grown men fighting over who's phone is better,lol awesome

Comment

damn, i wasn't aware that the new 4.7 inch screen will still be 750p resolution. that really is a bit sad. I can't defend apple there.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                    damn, i wasn't aware that the new 4.7 inch screen will still be 750p resolution. that really is a bit sad. I can't defend apple there.
                    what are they now? (the 5s) my screen seems clear as day to me. is the giant screen version better res?
                    Im gonna get the small one them giant phones are really goofy to me.

Im kinda like beast if i can text,call and check emails I'm all good. I do go on the net but not that much so screen size isn't a big deal on phone i want it fit in my pocket,lol besides i have a massive 27" screen for my computer

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
                      what are they now? (the 5s) my screen seems clear as day to me. is the giant screen version better res?
                      Im gonna get the small one them giant phones are really goofy to me.

Im kinda like beast if i can text,call and check emails I'm all good. I do go on the net but not that much so screen size isn't a big deal on phone i want it fit in my pocket,lol besides i have a massive 27" screen for my computer
                      The new smaller one will be the same res as your's now. I understand that it "looks clear as day to you" but the whole "ehh its good enough" attitude is irrelevant. If your not pushing forward you are going backward, especially in the tech world. Yes the bigger phone will have a higher res screen. It can still fit in your pocket easily. It's the one to buy. Though I would prefer a 5 inch phone like my nexus 5. I feel that is the perfect size between a smaller phone and a phablet.

If all you and beast do is browse the web, check email, and text than why don't you both have 5-6 year old phones? Why do you always want the latest and greatest? Your very argument contradicts your actions..

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post

If all you and beast do is browse the web, check email, and text than why don't you both have 5-6 year old phones? Why do you always want the latest and greatest? Your very argument contradicts your actions..
                        Answer is simple dumbass! 3G or 4G vs 4G lte. Have you tried the surf the web on a 3G device lately? Plus, old phone's hardware couldn't possibly handle the new apps and stuff.
                        Plus you said it yourself your old iPhone 3G screen resolution was pure shit vs the iPhone 4 and you know five is much better and I'm just fine with iPhone 5's resolution so 6 having the same amount of pixels does not bother me.

Comment

Originally posted by BEAST View Post
                          Answer is simple dumbass! 3G or 4G vs 4G lte. Have you tried the surf the web on a 3G device lately? Plus, old phone's hardware couldn't possibly handle the new apps and stuff.
                          Plus you said it yourself your old iPhone 3G screen resolution was pure shit vs the iPhone 4 and you know five is much better and I'm just fine with iPhone 5's resolution so 6 having the same amount of pixels does not bother me.
                          What are your thoughts on apple giving the new 4.7 inch 750p while they give the 5.5 1080p? If pixels don't matter why is there a difference?

Will you be getting the 6? Your current phone has 4g lte and plenty of power to run apps for at least another 2 years.

Comment

PPI on the 5.5 in screen s less than either the HTC One or the Samsung Galaxy S5. But Apple says nobody needs more than 1920x1080. Of course, if Apple says so, it must be true lol....

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                              PPI on the 5.5 in screen s less than either the HTC One or the Samsung Galaxy S5. But Apple says nobody needs more than 1920x1080. Of course, if Apple says so, it must be true lol....
                              apple fans will minimize it as "well it looks good to me, i dont see any reason for improvement". :x

Comment

Working...
                              X