Samsung’s Galaxy Note 4: A phablet that can teach Apple a few things

Samsung

Comment

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review | The Verge

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
        .......I tried to like The Verge.

Just jumped down to their pros/cons.

A con listed was basically too many settings, yet that is an absent con in their iphone review. Check out the settings in an iphone the next time you see one. Every app has individual general settings, and then every single app also has a box for notification settings.

Don't shit on samsung if you won't shit on apple.

Comment

Loving the reviews. I'm almost certain this is going to be my new phone. Yeah, I wish Samsung won't put as much bloatware but I'm willing to live with that if their stylus integration is as slick as I have read it is.

OK, I'm going to go on a grumpy old man rant here.

People are so tech averse. Everybody wants their phone to be like a toaster. It is the continuous dumbing down of society. People used to be able to do all routine maintenance and simple repairs on their cars. Now I doubt 50% of the people every know how to pop the hood on their cars.

I for one don't care that their are many menus that have myriad options and settings. The more the merrier I say. The phone is a freaking computer, people! A bloody powerful one at that, significantly more than many desktop machines of just a few years ago. That's one of the things I always had against Apple, their assumption that people should not be given tools. Is a freaking command prompt and command line execution so minblowingly complex?

Comment

Scrum... Just no. LoL.

Stacking an OS on top of an OS like Samsung does over android is clunky and redundant. Having 4 ways to do the same thing is a cluster fuck and ridiculous even for someone like me who is very much into tech.

Comment

Love my Samsung :D

Or all of my Samsung products :D

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                Scrum... Just no. LoL.

Stacking an OS on top of an OS like Samsung does over android is clunky and redundant. Having 4 ways to do the same thing is a cluster fuck and ridiculous even for someone like me who is very much into tech.
                I agree, not saying I like it, but those are the tradeoffs. I like the form factor and everything I have read is that the stylus integration is fantastic. Need to get my hands on it first hand to make up my mind.

Comment

How is Wal-Mart offering the phones cheaper than other places? What's the catch?

Comment

Well I now have the s5 active and my wife has the note 4

Comment

Originally posted by TKD View Post
                      Well I now have the s5 active and my wife has the note 4
                      Would like your impression of the note 4.

Comment

Originally posted by TKD View Post
                        How is Wal-Mart offering the phones cheaper than other places? What's the catch?

You had to shop at Walmart. Was that the catch?

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                          Would like your impression of the note 4.
                          Seems pretty awesome, I just wouldn't use all that stuff so its pointless for me to have it. There is a button on the stylus that adds some feature. Stylus works prefect. A you get close to the screen a tiny circle shows up identifying where it's reading the stylus. Other than that I haven't looked at her phone yet and she hasn't had much time to play with it yet.

Also since we switched to AT&T we got the LG G tablet for $0.99. The only catch is we had to add it to our service plan for an extra $10 a month.

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                            You had to shop at Walmart. Was that the catch?
                            I didn't. The best I could find is they have different rates on the plans when you sign up there and that's how they make up the difference.

Comment

Just switched from the Galaxy S5 to the Note 4. So I will be able to give a decent review of it in a few days.

I switched because the S5 battery was disappointing and considering my S3 was basically a land line for the last year because of battery drain, I was not going to put up with a new phone having such a poor battery. Not that it was horrible, but with my wife and I doing pretty much the same things on our phones all day, she would still have around 70% left and I was down to the low 40%. That's with the resolution and everything being better on the Note 4.

I also can easily tell the difference in the quality of the screen between the S5 and Note 4. The size of the phone overall is a bit bigger, but still easily fits in my pocket and is comfortable to hold. I think it has the perfect balance of not feeling like a run of the mill phone but also not big and clunky. Comparing my S5 experience to it, the S5 just feels wimpy and weak.

Comment

Working...
                              X