Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are right

For a religious fella this guy is alright in my book...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...d-9822514.html

The church knows it has no choice but to evolve. It's not attracting younger generations to stick with it as they grow and develop a mind separate from their parents. I don't know why it's so shocking to the church to change how it interprets the bible. There isn't any mainstream following of how it was followed 500+ years ago.

Comment

↑this

plus the fact the Vatican has protected pedophile rackets dodged taxes etc etc they have some serious PR to do

Comment

"Pope Francis issued a blistering critique Monday of the Vatican bureaucracy that serves him, denouncing how some people lust for power at all costs, live hypocritical double lives and suffer from “spiritual Alzheimer’s” that has made them forget they’re supposed to be joyful men of God."

Love this guy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...ml?tid=rssfeed

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
          For a religious fella this guy is alright in my book...
          Originally posted by Bouncer View Post

Love this guy.
          Well...looks like his job is done here. :rofl:

Comment

This guy is single handedly bringing the Catholic Church into the 18th century. Kudos to him!

Comment

I gotta tell ya though. Had I been looking at religion with young eyes and thinking about joining a church, I would have been more willing to join with a guy like this in the leadership.

All my life I saw religion as a bunch of old men talking about "the fear of god". It always seemed like a negative thing to me. "Do this or hell is around the corner". That may have worked in the old days but I think most new generation are smart enough not to go for that type of shit.

If the churh is to retain any relevancy, this guy is exactly what they need. He is either geniune and the church lucked out to have him or he was brought in to put on the act and pull "customers" in. Either way, it shows the church seems to know what it takes to move forward.

Comment

Yeah, he's a breath of fresh air definitely. Question is whether he'll be able to flush out all the old turds sticking around in the Vatican and the church power structure. I hope he succeeds... religion is retarded but a religion with a modern world view is better than a medieval one.

Comment

He strikes again! HOLY Shit! :D

Pope Francis: Pontiff will issue global warming encyclical.

Comment

He seems to be somewhat more enlightened than the Southern congregations we have that still believe the earth is 4000 years old and that evolution didn't happen

Comment

Gods son, do the world a favor and pull your lip over your head and swallow.

You mindless southern sack of shit.

Comment

If this guy has his way, the Catholic Church will leave behind the Southern Fundamentalists and the Islamic Fundamentalists as the only dipshits seeking a return to the Dark Ages.

Comment

Ehh, I'm not sure the pope fully understands "free speech".

IMO this scumbag is indirectly giving the French Terrorist validity. Guy talks about "if someone insults my mother they can expect a punch". That to me is a reference to the French attacks. He is being an apologist for these fucking scumbags.

Fuck him, all creditability lost.

Pope Francis Advises Limits On Free Speech, Urges People To Refrain From Mocking Faith, Religion

Comment

Guy is slowly falling. Full of contradictions. Seems that the Pope is having difficulty squaring his dogma with reality.

Pope says birth control ban doesn't mean breed 'like rabbits' | Reuters

Comment

Working...
                            X