Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American veterans are half as likely to live in big cities

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ame...ogletopstories

There's one place veterans rarely go when they leave active service -- on the town. In fact, they overwhelmingly prefer to live in rural areas instead of cities.

Seems to me that being a part of the military or involved in war makes you anti social and in many cases depressed. Am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
      Seems to me that being a part of the military or involved in war makes you anti social and in many cases depressed. Am I wrong?
      I don't know if the answer is that simple.

I would guess that the majority of soldiers come from rural areas, so it makes sense that most veterans don't reside in a big city.

Just looks like some stat juking to create a story.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
        I don't know if the answer is that simple.

I would guess that the majority of soldiers come from rural areas, so it makes sense that most veterans don't reside in a big city.

Just looks like some stat juking to create a story.
        So the question is, why do most soldiers come from rural areas? Why are city people less likely to join the military?

Comment

Some of the guys I know with PTSD prefer seclusion. They simply feel society cannot relate to them and the less they have to deal with it the better. Our govt is failing them with proper care. Only 1 of the 7 that I speak of is actually being properly cared for but it took 3 years of the run around to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
            Some of the guys I know with PTSD prefer seclusion. They simply feel society cannot relate to them and the less they have to deal with it the better. Our govt is failing them with proper care. Only 1 of the 7 that I speak of is actually being properly cared for but it took 3 years of the run around to get there.
            Sad.

Yet we are willing to give great health care benefits to people that sit on their ass all day and/or illegal aliens.

Comment

It is sad. It takes so long for care that in the meantime they self medicate. Obviously only complicating matters.

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
                It is sad. It takes so long for care that in the meantime they self medicate. Obviously only complicating matters.
                Yep. And the VA scandal is just used as political fodder. It is pretty sickening.

Comment

I read the other day that more US Soldiers have killed themselves than have been killed in the last 10 years of all US wars.

Comment

Stats claim 22 per day.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                      So the question is, why do most soldiers come from rural areas? Why are city people less likely to join the military?
                      They are lower iq so easier led

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post

They are lower iq so easier led
                        One of your more ignorant statements.

Comment

Well I'm sorry but I think it's often true

Not many rich privately educated white kids with university degrees or prospective doctorates form the majority of joining soldiers and it's a fact that recruiting roadshows target poor areas

Comment

BLM I'm not saying your dumb. Far from it your a clever guy and one i actually look up to

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
                              Well I'm sorry but I think it's often true

Not many rich privately educated white kids with university degrees or prospective doctorates form the majority of joining soldiers and it's a fact that recruiting roadshows target poor areas
                              That's not a matter of individual IQ. That's a matter of opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                              X