Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex

I had been using Optimum Nutrition's Pro Complex for a very long time and they recently changed the formula and it now is awful. They took out ALL the vitamins the original version had and reduced the container size also. Price per serving went up 53% for an inferior product. I liked the fact that each serving provided 60 grams of protein where most other powders usually only provided only 20-30 grams. So, I am in the need for a new product. I have researched many, many other powders and simply cannot decide which to get. Could someone point me in the right direction with their personal use of an alternate which has the same or better efficacy as the old Pro Complex had? ANY input would be greatly appreciated. BB

60 grams of protein per serving simply means the scoop was much bigger than most serving sizes. 30 grams of protein is about the max you can fit into the standard (34 grams measuring scoop) almost all protein companies use. Look on the package of yours, I guarantee they use a much bigger measuring scoop. Either that or they consider a (serving size) to be 2 scoops. You fell for trickery my friend. Gotta read labels carefully.

I use protein powder as sparingly as possible but when I do use it I like Cellucor Whey.

Comment

Hey Bouncer, I hope you and your family are doing fine. Yup, you're right! They state a serving is 2 scoops, 76 grams. As I stated, I've been using this for many years and never paid any attention to that. However, it WAS a great product and worked well for me so I really didn't care. Now though, the serving size on the new product is the same, however, the volume of the new version tub is 30% less and the price increased also. Where it was costing me $1.68/serving, it's now $2.58/serving. I had bought up all the original version I could find when the new version came out. So, now I'm out and using the new version I had bought just to test out a few months ago. It sucked then and still does, at least the taste anyway! Thanks for your help. BB

Comment

I use EAS whey from BJ's. I believe BLM does too. Cost $38 for 5 pound tub. Mixes and tastes good.

Comment

Yea protein powder pricing has gone up over the years bro.

This is what I use. I get mine from Costco.

Cor-Performance Whey by Cellucor at Bodybuilding.com - Lowest Prices on Cor-Performance Whey!

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
            I use EAS whey from BJ's. I believe BLM does too. Cost $38 for 5 pound tub. Mixes and tastes good.
            Yeah that shit was $32 last year.

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
              Yeah that shit was $32 last year.
              I know. Still cheaper than most but sucks it went up.

Comment

You guys using EAS protein do realize why its so cheap right? The first and main ingredient is a soy filler product added to the whey.

You guys really need to read labels. You're using junk. You're also potentially raising estro levels.

Comment

Lol Cheeper usaually means shittyer first ingredient should say whey then depending what kind isolate should be next for me at least as I use post workout

Comment

Perhaps this had to do with the lawsuits being brought down for amino spiking. There is a bunch of companies being sued right now for innacurate claims on their labels and some have begun changing the labels to more accurately reflect what is in the container, others are raising prices to cover the cost of actually putting what they claim in the the containers. Companies were counting the milk used to mix as protein and also counting the Amino's as protein. This is why there was such a price difference between legit products and off the shelf products. We are in for a lot more of this as lawsuits are still being filed. I'm not sure if this is the reasoning for your particular brand but it is a possibility.

Comment

No comment from blm or chadd. Lol. I hope you 2 dipshits are smart enough to change product and pay a little more for it.

Comment

Not sure it matters much B. A couple shakes at most a week. I guess if I was using it on a daily basis I'd pay more attention to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
                          Not sure it matters much B. A couple shakes at most a week. I guess if I was using it on a daily basis I'd pay more attention to it.
                          That's the spirit! LoL

Comment

I've had the same bag for 3 months. I only use shakes when I'm in s pinch to get protein.

Comment

Yes, that's great but it's besides the point. You both talked about it's price as being the main selling point. Hopefully next time you buy a supplement or food for that matter you will pay a little more attention to the label.

I would hope that 2 guys that care about their bodies and want to look their best would have a better attitude about what they put in their body other than to say.. "ehh who cares, i saved $10 bucks at bjs".

Comment

Working...
                              X