Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easy way you can double the speed of your phone recharge rate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy way you can double the speed of your phone recharge rate.

I've been using the USB power cord that came with my tab to charge my phone. I noticed that it recharges my phone at a much faster rate compared to the USB power cord that came with my phone. I'm talking like 30 minutes to fully recharge compared to an hour and a half or so.

I was concerned that it might be bad for my battery so I looked into it. Turns out its not a problem. Moral of the story, use a more powerful USB charger!

http://lifehacker.com/pay-attention-...adg-1492446246

I've always heard it wasn't good for your phone because it's too powerful and eventually shortens the life or something. But hell it's not like we're keeping phones for 10 years, so it probably doesn't matter if that's true anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
      I've always heard it wasn't good for your phone because it's too powerful and eventually shortens the life or something. But hell it's not like we're keeping phones for 10 years, so it probably doesn't matter if that's true anyway.
      Yea me too. That was the case for older battery tech but the batteries in modern phones aren't like that. It doesn't effect the phone at all!

From the article...

"don't worry -- you're not going to blow up your phone or anything crazy like that. And the myth that charging your device at a faster rate will reduce the life of your device's battery is false. For some older devices, the higher speed charger just won't work at all, while newer devices will just charge faster."

Comment

That's all I use. I have the iPad charger plugged next to my bed so I use it to charge both. :)

Comment

Good stuff...I've alwasy used those types of USB cords.

Comment

I think you'll now find the battery doesn't hold charge quite as long

you damaged it's memory

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
              I think you'll now find the battery doesn't hold charge quite as long

you damaged it's memory
              Its memory huh.. I think you'll find you're an imbecile. You're talking about battery tech from yesteryear. Current battery technology is not effected.

Comment

This usually results on a "help me Mr I, you were right all along"

We will see

Comment

Working...
                X