The Thanksgiving Sale Purchases Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Thanksgiving Sale Purchases Thread

So, did anyone pick anything good at the Thursday evening sales? Anyone planning on getting anything particular on Black Friday or Cyber Monday or whatever?

My wife swung by Best Buy around 4:30 pm and saw about a hundred people waiting in line for the store to open. Screw that standing in line crap... she came by again around 530 and walked into the store and picked up an iPhone 6 for $99 without any hassles. She got $100 back for trading in her old 3GS that had been collecting lint in a drawer somewhere lol... that dropped the price to $99 from the regular $199. Pretty damn good deal.

I am waiting for the Samsung Note 4 price to drop... maybe in 3 or 4 months.

I guess I'll be sitting home and saving money, because there is nothing I wanna buy. I do want the canon 135mm 2.0 lens but that won't be going on sale. :(

Comment

^buy some nolvadex

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
        ^buy some nolvadex
        No need.

Comment

I don't do Black Friday shopping unless it's online. It just doesn't ever seem worth it to me, and I'm sure as helllll not standing in any line for hours.

Comment

Originally posted by BEAST View Post
            I guess I'll be sitting home and saving money, because there is nothing I wanna buy. I do want the canon 135mm 2.0 lens but that won't be going on sale. :(
            Beast, keep an eye on the Canon refurb store, bro.. You might be able to snag one there.

Comment

Thinking about the PS4 bundle with GTA 5 and Last of Us for $399 on amazon.

Still not enough of the blockbuster games out for it yet for me to really want it.

Comment

Bouncer, now I am getting second thoughts about the Note. I'm afraid it will be too big and I'll regret it. HTC One M8 is free on Amazon if I renew my contract. Ive been so happy with my HTC One X, I'm thinking of just staying with HTC one more round. I looked at the LG G3 as well as an option, but I've always associated LG with washers and refrigerators lol... What do you think? HTC One M8?

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                  Beast, keep an eye on the Canon refurb store, bro.. You might be able to snag one there.
                  They sell out pretty much instantly. You got to have lightning fast mouse clicking speeds. :rofl:
                  But I did get the next best thing tho...85mm 1.8. Amazing lens for the money. :thumup:

Comment

Originally posted by BEAST View Post
                    They sell out pretty much instantly. You got to have lightning fast mouse clicking speeds. :rofl:
                    But I did get the next best thing tho...85mm 1.8. Amazing lens for the money. :thumup:
                    Thats' a superb lens. Awesome, bro! I don't enough portraits to buy either of those lenses, but I have the 100L macro which does a decent job with portraits, although it doesn't the awesome F/1.8 or F/2 goodness that the 85mm and 135mm have.

Comment

I caved and bought the PS4. Fuck. I want it but I thought I'd be able to wait until there was a bigger library of games.

Comment

Scrum, Moto X 2nd Gen is 1 penny on amazon with contract. That's the phone to get. Pure android and updates almost as soon as the Nexus line direct from Google.

The reviews on that phone have been flawless. I'd get that phone over the Nexus 6 if I was upgrading.

Samsung and HTC newest phones are still on kit kat. Nexus and Moto line is latest and greatest lollipop!

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                          I caved and bought the PS4. Fuck. I want it but I thought I'd be able to wait until there was a bigger library of games.
                          I may partake

Comment

Scrum, Moto X 2nd Gen is 1 penny on amazon with contract. That's the phone to get. Pure android and updates almost as soon as the Nexus line direct from Google.

The reviews on that phone have been flawless. I'd get that phone over the Nexus 6 if I was upgrading.

Samsung and HTC newest phones are still on kit kat. Nexus and Moto line is latest and greatest lollipop!
                            Been looking at the reviews and like what I an seeing so far. Thanks!

Comment

Great phone. We have last year's model. I will get the 2014 version in a few months off of swappa.

Comment

Working...
                              X