Image HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image HELP

I know I'm old and not computer savvy, but how can I take images like these and get rid of the words around the picture? I want to add the clip to a PowerPoint presentation. :confused:

I usually use the snipping tool in windows to get rid of the extra stuff I dont want. I'm sure apple has something similar or better than windows. I'll look.

Comment

Does this help at all?

Pages for Mac 5.0: Add and edit images

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post

In a roundabout way, yes. :D

I saved in to my photo gallery and then found better editing tools. :thankyou:

Comment

Actually, if you have the image saved as a jpg on your computer, you can just import it into powerpoint. Then, double click on the photo and you'll see a "crop" option in the top right side of the menu ribbon. Select that and you'll be able to move the edges of the picture to get rid of whatever you don't want. That's one way to do it. You can also edit it ahead of time like Bouncer suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
            Actually, if you have the image saved as a jpg on your computer, you can just import it into powerpoint. Then, double click on the photo and you'll see a "crop" option in the top right side of the menu ribbon. Select that and you'll be able to move the edges of the picture to get rid of whatever you don't want. That's one way to do it. You can also edit it ahead of time like Bouncer suggested.

That only allows me to do a full crop though. I can't crop just those extra letters out without making the image smaller and cropping out the little pictures on the right. Does that make sense? And am I wrong? Because that's highly likely as well :P

Comment

Ah ok, I misunderstood when you said crop. So you just want to eliminate the letters. If they background is uniform, it is pretty easy. You can get a RGB color picker tool and detemrine the rgb values of the background color. Then you can use any painting tool (like Paint on Windows) to pkck a brush of that color and painto over the letters.

Comment

Here is a web page that tells you how to locate the color of any pixel on your screen on a Mac.

Comment

Working...
                X