Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon/Zappos - are these sites really giving us a good deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon/Zappos - are these sites really giving us a good deal?

How are these sites less expensive? Many times I've gone to the actual site of the brand I'm buying, and it's usually same price(free shipping)or sometimes the item is even less on the actual brand :retard:

wtf:)

What are you trying to buy? Shoes? I would recommend runningwarehouse.com. In my experience, it has better prices than either Amazon or Zappos.

Comment

No not shoes....patagonia clothing. I love their stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
        What are you trying to buy? Shoes? I would recommend runningwarehouse.com. In my experience, it has better prices than either Amazon or Zappos.
        But I'm checking out the site now :D

Comment

You've got to hunt around. I've not purchased Patagonia in a while, but look at altrec.com, backcountry.com, etc.

Best way to do it is to find a specific model of a jacket or whatever and then do Google shopping search for the lowest price. Lots of places may beat Amazon or Zappos for a specific model, especially for last year's model.

Comment

Depends on the products I guess.

Amazon is where I buy games because they are WAY cheaper IF you wait a few weeks/months after release. They will drop a $60 game down to $30 or less a month or 2 after release while everyone else is still selling for $60. I regularly bought ps3 games at $15 only 2 months after release. The games don't change. A great game will always be a great game. Resist the urge to buy immediately and you will not only save money but you will give the game time to be fixed with updates if it's released with issues.

Far Cry 4 is already discounted by $12. Give it another month and it will be half price.

Saving $15-$30 bucks may not seem like a lot but do the math and consider the fact that you may buy 20-30 games or more over the life of the PS4. We are talking hundreds and hundreds of dollars saved potentially thousands.

Comment

You've got to hunt around. I've not purchased Patagonia in a while, but look at altrec.com, backcountry.com, etc.

Best way to do it is to find a specific model of a jacket or whatever and then do Google shopping search for the lowest price. Lots of places may beat Amazon or Zappos for a specific model, especially for last year's model.
              Patagonia Men's CapileneŽ 3 Midweight Zip Neck Long Underwear
              Patagonia CapileneŽ 3 Midweight Zip Neck Forge Grey/Nickel X-Dye - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways

Here's an example/\....I get it, same price I know. I see no reason to visit Amazon when I go directly to the brand and get it myself.
              Allen Edmonds, Cole Haan and others are the same.

Comment

And trust me, I do like to save money because I get to spend more of it when I save :D

And I have been to those sites you talk about scrum, they're both good.

Comment

I love Capilene! Awesome product! Pretty much my standard base layer when I do any hiking or other similar outdoor activities.

Comment

I love Capilene! Awesome product! Pretty much my standard base layer when I do any hiking or other similar outdoor activities.
                    I have just about every color with those shirts lol

In general, most of my gym, running gear is from patagonia. Great company and great products.

Comment

Working...
                    X