No announcement yet.

Texas cop uses a stun gun on a 76-year-old driver he pulled over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has two parts just like all these stories. But all anyone wants to talk about is the juicy headline making part.

The cop was giving commands and the guy was refusing. Was defiant the whole time. The cop attempted to cuff the guy. Where did the cop go wrong? The guy resists. What gave him the right to resist? It's not a matter of the guy being upset or venting.

The second part is what appears to be the over escalation. Before the discussion begins of excessive force ask yourself what the cop should have done when the guy resisted? Let him go and say oh well?

Comment

TKD there is no two parts or juicy story here. Cop had no rights putting his hands on him. Like I said before as soon as that guy pointed the plates, cop needed to turn around and walk away.
      Since when cops need to put the cuffs on you or even grab your arm because you point at your license?

Comment

Scrum, have you ever been in a fight?

Comment

Originally posted by BEAST View Post
          TKD there is no two parts or juicy story here. Cop had no rights putting his hands on him. Like I said before as soon as that guy pointed the plates, cop needed to turn around and walk away.
          Since when cops need to put the cuffs on you or even grab your arm because you point at your license?
          Doesn't matter. Fight the unlawful arrest in the courts. Fighting with the cop is always a recipe for disaster.

Comment

He wasn't putting the cuffs on because he pointed at the license plate. He was doing it to detain someone who was being defiant and to control the situation. That's the right thing to do so it doesn't escalate anymore. As I said before, just because they put cuffs on you it doesn't mean you are going to jail.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
              Scrum, have you ever been in a fight?
              Not since 6th grade.

Comment

I don't care what anyone says cop is at fault here. As soon as that dude pointed the dealer plate that cop should've turned around and walked. End of story.
                Did you guys read the article? Texas laws says Even if your plates expired if you put the dealer over it you are good to go.

Why do you guys think that chief if police apologized to the old dude personally? Even he can see that officer was at faulthere. Officer should've never put his hands on him.
                ha until grampa pulls out his smith n wesson. he could have done things diff. but dont act like an asshole or you will get tased... and so what if he appoligized...bc of the media hype over it.

Comment

Originally posted by TKD View Post
                  He wasn't putting the cuffs on because he pointed at the license plate. He was doing it to detain someone who was being defiant and to control the situation. That's the right thing to do so it doesn't escalate anymore. As I said before, just because they put cuffs on you it doesn't mean you are going to jail.
                  Bro there wasn't anything to control. That cop was just an asshole. The moment he saw that was a dealer plate he needed to turn around and get his power hungry ass back in his car.

Originally posted by jack tors View Post
                  ha until grampa pulls out his smith n wesson. he could have done things diff. but dont act like an asshole or you will get tased... and so what if he appoligized...bc of the media hype over it.
                  Should've, could've, would've. He didn't have a weapon, he didn't act like he had a weapon and he didn't reach for a weapon so stop with that bs.

Remember cops are just paid public servants, uniform does not put them above the law and if you are an asshole cop expect to be treated like an asshole.

And I'm so sick of hearing these oh but wait they put their lives on the line everyday bullshit too. No body forced them to be a cop, they choose to be one and they get paid for it. How come you are not a cop? Why am I not a cop? Because we choose not to be.

And chief didn't apologized because of the media hype, he did because he is not blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
                    ^ Scrum, if this was a 20 yr old that started to resist when the cop tried to put his hands behind his back - would it then be ok to take him to the ground? My point being should cops be trained to act differently in each situation depending on age, sex, race, ect...?

I feel I would have handled myself in a much more professional manor but how are cops trained to react? Are the taught to react different depending on the individual?
                    Cops are trained that way. And the majority of them...a very strong majority of them act appropriately and professionally. However, that doesn't incense people, or sell, so you don't see it. Nor do you see the vicious assaults on police officers, or the general shittiness of that job, nor do you see the horror of what people do to each other in the mainstream news on a daily basis.

But you will see the slightest fuck up put out there immediately and with whatever spin necessary to stir up the most shit. Police officers aren't infallible..the fuck up, just like fighter pilots, astronauts, judges, plumbers, and Safeway clerks. Accountability is absolutely necessary, but forming an opinion as fact when you have nothing to quantify it is silly...but there are those who jump on it as a qualifier for every police officer in the country the moment some ass clown hits youtube.

Comment

What are all you complainants over there doing to correct matters with your law enforcement?

Comment

Britain has a police brutality problem too – Quartz

What are you doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
                          What are all you complainants over there doing to correct matters with your law enforcement?
                          English! Do you speak it? :grin:

Comment

Originally posted by funniirishman View Post
                            Lol we don't have a problem here

Comment

Originally posted by TKD View Post
                              English! Do you speak it? :grin:
                              But can you read it?

Comment

2 NYPD Cops Shot Dead

And so it begins...

Comment