2015 holiday destinations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 holiday destinations

Cuba, Singapore and bali in 2014 but looking at options for 2015.

Right now Miami is right up there but also looking at borneo

Have you been to Florida yet? I know you talk about it a lot, so if you haven't then you should go. But you should add something else to the trip - like a cruise to the Caribbean, etc.

Comment

Florida sounds good they have those buffalo wings places I'd like to try

Comment

I wouldn't do a cruise. I'd do a Miami & Key West trip. Stay in both for a few days. 2 Completely different places.

I'm looking at Portugal.

Comment

Cool hopefully I'll meet some gangsters there, I watched Dornie Brasco yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
            I wouldn't do a cruise. I'd do a Miami & Key West trip. Stay in both for a few days. 2 Completely different places.

I'm looking at Portugal.

I wouldn't fly all the way from England to stay 2 days in Miami and 2 in Key West. Just isn't exciting enough, in my opinion. If you can add in a trip to St Thomas, St Maarten and the Bahamas, then you've at least seen quite a few sights/new places, relaxed on some beautiful beaches, and hopefully had a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
              I wouldn't fly all the way from England to stay 2 days in Miami and 2 in Key West. Just isn't exciting enough, in my opinion. If you can add in a trip to St Thomas, St Maarten and the Bahamas, then you've at least seen quite a few sights/new places, relaxed on some beautiful beaches, and hopefully had a good time.
              You live down that way so I appreciate your advice. Actually makes me realise how lucky you are with so many south American and Caribbean destinations so close to you

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post

I agree. At least visit the USVI or BVI while you are close.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
                  Yep, I just went to Grand Turk last week, but went to St Thomas and St Maarten two summers ago and both had such beautiful waters. It just feels like such relaxation to me, despite living at the beach at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
                    agree with you and fb but not on a cruise. fly from London to Miami only to jump on a jam packed floating theme park and see each island in a 5-6 hour excursion only to be herded back onto the tourism boat trap with a bunch of fat ass american families? No way. Iv'e been on 3 cruises and 3 was more then enough, holy fuck.

Key West and Miami. 2-3 days in each. Perfect length. The 3 hour drive from Miami to Key West is a beautiful drive so it's part of the fun. Iv'e done this exact trip in a 6 day window and it was one of my favs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                      fly from London to Miami only to jump on a jam packed floating theme park and see each island in a 5-6 hour excursion only to be herded back onto the tourism boat trap with a bunch of fat ass american families? No way.
                      That's exactly what gives me pause every time I think of a cruise. Well, that and the E. Coli [emoji2]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
                        Florida sounds good they have those buffalo wings places I'd like to try
                        You think of Florida and the first thing that pops to your mind is buffalo wings?
                        [emoji53]

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                          You think of Florida and the first thing that pops to your mind is buffalo wings?
                          [emoji53]
                          It's a private joke

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                            That's exactly what gives me pause every time I think of a cruise. Well, that and the E. Coli [emoji2]
                            The only cruise I went on that I feel was really worth it was when we lived in Jersey and took a cruise from NYC to Bermuda. To fly to Bermuda and stay in a hotel is super expensive. No all inclusive in bermuda. By using the cruise ship as our taxi to Bermuda we saved a ton of money. The ship just sat at port for the whole week so we were able to spend tons of time on the island rather then hop from Island to Island and only getting a few hours at each.

Comment

Working...
                            X