Training goals for 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training goals for 2015

I've decided to start with Gi training BJJ and commit at least two days a week.

So my lifting will be 3 days a week tops

Time for a change and more mental stimulation

GI training? Gastro intestinal? I'm not sure what you mean.

Comment

Lol with Gi means with the ju jitsu suit on as opposed to bare chested

Comment

Oh lol. Of course. I should have known that but for some reason it didn't click.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckz28 View Post
          GI training? Gastro intestinal? I'm not sure what you mean.
          Yeah his new hobby is doing BJ and getting dick up his intestines. :ghey:

Comment

I need goals and a focus and I'm finding bodybuilding more of a chore than a pleasure these days. With something else to learn I think I will be positive

Comment

Doubt many here even lift. If they do it's half assed. Their goal is to make it to the gym and eat something healthy at least once a week.

Goal here is to be a bit bigger. Keep the abs but not at the expense of putting on a little size. Slightly higher doses, lower rep basic movements, and a bit more calories should do the trick.

I never get bored with it because I NEED to look good. I cannot get through the day without wanting to kill myself if I don't look great. That mindset is what keeps me pushing and what keeps it from becoming a chore.

Comment

That's pretty sad and trapped Bouncer sounds like a life sentence.

Comment

Give him another 10 years and he'll be over that mentality.
                  Everyone of us at some point thought the same thing. I bet before retiring every pro bodybuilder said those exact same words but at some point you realize that it is not possible so you give in to the reality and pick up different hobbies that makes you feel good.

So bouncer...don't worry brah. You'll get there. :grin:

Comment

Bodybuilding is possible at any age but it just gets fucking boring and is only really useful for, well, bodybuilding.

I'm fucking bored

I feel bad for Bouncer because he seems mentally trapped and stuck in a rut with it like he's afraid to do anything else because of some perceived fear self loathing bullshit

Beast you are stuck because it's your livelihood to convince others they need to be doing it

Comment

Not sure why this has to be spun into some sort of negative thing. I can only guess that there is some sort of conflict you're dealing with. I don't find it all that hard to workout and eat strict. I enjoy it. I enjoy the result. If you don't then so be it but don't be angry at me for it. It is what you make it. To me, it's a very positive part of my life. Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. If you're not feeling it anymore then move on.

It's almost as if you guys are bothered that I enjoy it.

Comment

Not really, if you read back the way you have spoken of your training in recent times its been very much more of a 'I train because I'm afraid how I would hate myself for how I look otherwise"

That's not me being negative, those are your kind of words, and they are negative. It's like you feel trapped.

And that is bodybuilding in real terms all this talk of endless per suit of perfection is what makes people unhappy. When you first start it's great because you see changes and you're like "look what I created" and you feel positive because you can see what your hard graft resulted in . As time passes clearly it doesn't get easier and in fact it becomes diminishing returns in taking it further.

We talk of having a balance and for me all I'm saying is that physically and mentally I need more variety now
                        Last edited by Mr I; 12-30-14, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Well, borrowed a Gi and took my first lesson today and really enjoyed it.

Lots to learn which is great

Comment

Well did my first proper full session today not just part like last time; cardio, drills, fixed position sparring then free sparring.

It's pretty intense when you're focused and you only realise how tired you are when done.

I feel great, new stimulation and focus, hitting the gym tomorrow training back and looking forward to that

Comment

Working...
                            X