New Years Resolutions? Goals? Plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years Resolutions? Goals? Plans?

I'm not a fan of "NY resolutions," since let's be honest, for most people it ends up being a to-do list that lasts about 2-4 weeks. I do want to try having monthly goals this year. There could be one, there could be 10. I think short term goals will help with achievement! :)

Anyone else?

So what are they? lol. Haven't come up with any yet? :P

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
      So what are they? lol. Haven't come up with any yet? :P

Well I do have one yearly goal, which is to further my education.

My monthly goal for January is NO shopping besides necessities like groceries, etc. Nothing else :woot:

On a more personal level, I'm trying to be aware of the good in every day. And I don't mean like "I'm alive another day," I mean a specific.

Comment

Average a book a week. I'm shooting for reading 50 books this year. I'm already off to a good start - I just finished my 3rd book of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
          Average a book a week. I'm shooting for reading 50 books this year. I'm already off to a good start - I just finished my 3rd book of the year.

I have that in my "me time" goals, too - to read more. :) Last year I set a 12 book goal because I was swamped with school. I still made it to 14, but found myself watching more tv at night instead of reading. Boo. I wish we read similar books :P

Comment

Yeah, really hard to do if you have school. Luckily, I had a transpacific flight or two that helped me out! :D

I would love to see us revive the what did you read thread. I'll post the ones I read and maybe you can do the same. :)

Comment

Yeah, really hard to do if you have school. Luckily, I had a transpacific flight or two that helped me out! :D

I would love to see us revive the what did you read thread. I'll post the ones I read and maybe you can do the same. :)

Yes, do that. Although I feel yours will be like Darwin's Theory of Evolution and mine will be like The Fault in Our Stars :whistle

Comment

Haha... my goal is to read more fiction this year. Maybe we will have some opportunities to overlap :)

I started a new thread for a 2015 book list here... start posting!

Comment

My goal is to be happier in the sense that Mr.I touched on in his goals thread. I only ever seem to be able to enjoy things if everything is perfect in my head. "Have i eaten my perfect meals at the perfect times today?.. Ok now I can relax."

I don't want to stop striving for "perfection" but I want to be happier enjoying that journey. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

Read the Dalai Lama's "The Art of Happiness." I think it is very clear to everyone here that I am as far from being religious can be, but there is something about the Dalai Lama's teachings that transcend religion and focus on how to lead a moral and righteous life. The essence of a lot of Eastern religions like Buddhism and Hinduism really focus on this. I know you don't like reading - I think there is an audio version that you may want to try out.

Comment

Read the Dalai Lama's "The Art of Happiness." I think it is very clear to everyone here that I am as far from being religious can be, but there is something about the Dalai Lama's teachings that transcend religion and focus on how to lead a moral and righteous life. The essence of a lot of Eastern religions like Buddhism and Hinduism really focus on this. I know you don't like reading - I think there is an audio version that you may want to try out.
                      I'll see if there is a documentary on it.

On that same sort of note. Have you seen this docu on the buddha. I think if I were to pick a religion it would be this one. Really worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIfXlfsbYOw

Comment

NY resolutions are for weak minded people! Why do you wait till jan 1st to do something why not right when it's a problem or you think of it?
                        Just like valentines day fuck outta here tell me when to express my love lol I do it when I want
                        I hope I make sence. What ever your goals are no need to wait

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
                          I hope I make sence
                          not since '03....but keep trying brah:wave::thankyou:

Comment

Haha... Rocket keeping it real!

Comment

Working...
                            X