God is on the ropes - excellent article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God is on the ropes - excellent article

God is on the ropes: The brilliant new science that has creationists and the Christian right terrified

A young MIT professor is finishing Darwin's task — and threatening to undo everything the wacky right holds dear

God is on the ropes: The brilliant new science that has creationists and the Christian right terrified - Salon.com

Creationist will still hang on singular words to bury their heads in the sand regardless. 90% of "believers" don't even know why they believe. They don't care to figure things out for themselves. They just want to be a sheep within the masses and hold tight and exploit the self righteous image.

Comment

I don't care what anyone wants to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
        I don't care what anyone wants to believe.
        Agreed, as long as the nonsense they believe in does not determine public policy, whether it is education, funding research, etc. But it's a bit more than that, isn't it? I mean, we want a scientifically literate citizenry, don't we? Not one that believes in make-believe nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Gods Son
          TKD what can you figure out for yourself? I don't get it. Even the Big Bang theory if it's true is evidence of God.power in the form of light comes and creation begins. Sounds like when god said let there be light
          Sounds like what a book written by men allege god to have said. Church of the flying spaghetti monster has a book that says the same thing.

Comment

Maybe we should worship cows lmao. Like the true idiots of the world. Christianity is the only religion history and science can't debunk.
            If evidence was presented that even you agree with regardless of what it says about a creator, do you ignore it and choose not to believe it if it conflicts with your faith?

Comment

Maybe we should worship cows lmao. Like the true idiots of the world. Christianity is the only religion history and science can't debunk.
              TKD what can you figure out for yourself? I don't get it. Even the Big Bang theory if it's true is evidence of God.power in the form of light comes and creation begins. Sounds like when god said let there be light
              Creation took about 6000 yrs. then he rested for 1000. Hence the bible says 1000 yes is but a day to god. It's amazing how the scripture illiterate stick their foot in their mouth when they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                Agreed, as long as the nonsense they believe in does not determine public policy, whether it is education, funding research, etc. But it's a bit more than that, isn't it? I mean, we want a scientifically literate citizenry, don't we? Not one that believes in make-believe nonsense.
                Yea, it's ashame that politicians have to at least pretend to be religious to get in office. It's because they still have to appeal to the southern states for the vote.

The north has had a full scale war with the south twice and won both times. I think it may be time for a 3rd and final extermination.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                  Haha....perfect gif for it

Comment

Working...
                  X