Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Costa Rica

Despite not knowing much about it, I really want to go :retard:

Has anyone been? Have any recommendations on places to stay, etc?

Never been always wanted to..fishing is supposed to be crazy good...

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper View Post
      ..fishing is supposed to be crazy good...

That will definitely be in the plan if we go!

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
        That will definitely be in the plan if we go!
        Go for a Rooster fish!!! some of the biggest and best in the world there..Always been a dream of mine...:thumb:

Comment

Guy at work has been a couple times and says he plans to retire to there. Says it is great, cheap and beautiful, Nice people, no standing military. He did say one side is nicer than the other but I can't remember which was which.

Comment

Nope never been....but like the rest, I've always heard great things about the place. When would you go/how long/etc....Would you take your little booger with you :P

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
              Nope never been....but like the rest, I've always heard great things about the place. When would you go/how long/etc....Would you take your little booger with you :P

I would likely go in the summer for 4-5 days. And who is that, Zorro??

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                I would likely go in the summer for 4-5 days. And who is that, Zorro??
                Yes! Unless your mans a booger:D

Comment

A guy I work with just got back last week. It was his 2nd trip there and loved it. Both times he rented an on/off road motorcycle and rode all over the country for 15 days staying at different placed each night. His pictures were beautiful.

Comment

What kind of place are you looking for...Resort or out of the way? I've been there a good bit, have a couple of places I usually stay.

Comment

Originally posted by funniirishman View Post
                      What kind of place are you looking for...Resort or out of the way? I've been there a good bit, have a couple of places I usually stay.
                      I know people say they have some dirt cheap, no frills places - I don't want that. It doesn't necessarily have to be all-inclusive, but I definitely would want to stay in a nice place, nice area.

Comment

Here are two of the places I stay. Both are really nice but completely different as you will see from the description.

The food at the Iguana Lodge is amazing. I like it because it's on the Oso Peninsula which is not very "touristy" and some of the most amazing areas around. Also you can get some great fishing in which I think you said was important. Iguana Lodge Spa & Beach Resort - Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica

I like Xandari because it is a good jumping off point central mainland, up on the hill from San Jose, and is a gorgeous place.
                        Description Xandari Resort & Spa Costa Rica, Xandari Costa Rica Resort Hotel & Spa, Central Valley of Costa Rica Resort Hotel

I have split time between them on a couple of occasions and that was an awesome trip..depends how much time you have. Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
                        X