My new internet speed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new internet speed.

I've had AT&T for the last few years and speed was good in the beginning but 25mps wasn't cutting it for me anymore. In my little apartment we have two desktops, three laptops, three cell phones, two wifi printers, one game console, one DVD player in my bedroom to stream movies, one iPad, my PS4 and and all that shit runs constantly. :mad:
    Modem is in my bedroom hooked up to my desktop via cat 5 so that's why I was able to get such high speed. My living room still gets almost 100mps through wifi.

So we'll see, how it all goes in next few days. :grin:

Switch the electricity off and speak to each other

Comment

That's quick. Time Warner right?

Google Fiber should be in Chicago sometime soon with gigabit internet. They are expanding pretty quickly. Definitely going to need it in the near future. 4k streaming etc..

It's only available in the small cities now but they are expanding at about 4 cities per year so hopefully the big 3 cities (NYC, LA, Chicago) will get it soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpQ-oTbHrAk

Comment

Damn 900mps upload speeds. :eek:
        Even @ 20mps upload speed uploading almost 6 gig pictures to Dropbox took very little time @ 900mps...blink of an eye. :thumup:

I guess I better get some cat 6 wire because you never know when I'll need 10gps download speeds. :rofl:

What Is The Difference Between Cat 5, Cat 5e, and Cat 6 Cable?

Comment

I have the option for gigabit connection here with my current isp but upload is only 100mbps. Plus it is 100$ a month. Ive yet to run into any limitations with my 20m service to justify an increase. All I care about is being able to stream 1080p YouTube which is no problem on my fiber line at 20mbps even with multiple devices connected.

Comment

Working...
          X