Very powerful image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very powerful image

A mother listening to her deceased son's heartbeat inside the recipient the heart was donated to.

Life is so PRECIOUS!!!!!!

Fucking cherish the moments we have and be thankful for what you have, not what you don't.

Comment

Life is indeed SO very precious and can be gone in the blink of an eye. There are many people that just cannot bear the thought of facing the recipients that received their loved ones organs, but this picture is so, so awesome. That woman looks truly ecstatic over hearing that beating heart that saved someones life. :swoon:

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
        There are many people that just cannot bear the thought of facing the recipients that received their loved ones organs
        which i don't understand. you would think it would be comforting to know a "piece" of your loved one is still alive and helping someone else live.

yet these same people can go to some stone in the ground and stand over the remains of dead bones and flesh? lol. doesn't make any sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
          which i don't understand. you would think it would be comforting to know a "piece" of your loved one is still alive and helping someone else live.

yet these same people can go to some stone in the ground and stand over the remains of dead bones and flesh? lol. doesn't make any sense to me.

I understand it would be very emotional, and you would wish that was your loved one, and all the feelings of loss come rushing back, etc. However, they are gone, period. Knowing that at LEAST their heart is still beating on this earth with you, seems like it would bring at least some peace.

Comment

I'd like to think I would be like the lady in the image. She does it right. She has found the magic and the love in what could be looked at as a horrible situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
              I'd like to think I would be like the lady in the image. She does it right. She has found the magic and the love in what could be looked at as a horrible situation.

Indeed, she certainly has. It's very hard to be happy for someone that has benefitted from your loss. So in the beginning, I guess I understand. A lot of recipients want to "thank" their donors families, but there are people that just can't ever do it. Everyone grieves differently, so I guess the fact that they even donated is good enough.

Are you an organ donor?

Comment

Are you an organ donor?
                As long as I remember, I've always made sure my licenses states it or any other documents that ask/need it.

Comment

I have a motorcycle endorsement on my license. Does that count? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                    I have a motorcycle endorsement on my license. Does that count? ;)

"Organ donor" should automatically come with that :panic:

Comment

"Organ donor" should automatically come with that :panic:
                      Yep!

Comment

Working...
                      X