PTSD. What the FUCK!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTSD. What the FUCK!?

My very close friend has been battling it for a few years. He ended it last night at 4am this morning. Damn, it has been such a tragic 2014 in my family and now 2015 is following suit.

Devastated!

What's his story?

Sorry to hear it. Military seriously needs to tackle this.

Comment

Sorry bro

Was he a vet?

Comment

He was spec ops, spent 3 tours in Iraq. He got out 4 years ago diagnosed with ptsd. He has been "successful" with employment and moving his life forward but it has always been a disguise covering what he was battling. He has wanted to go back in because "the outside" could never understand him and he was tired of trying to explain. In the Army, everyone knew you were supposed to kill people and the more the better. No one looked at you any different.

He was a gym rat before during and after the service. He didn't drink often but when he did it was a switch. Instant mental disarray.

Him and his wife went to a birthday party. Drove home. Truck got stuck in their 300 ft steep incline mountain driveway. He got out. Said I'm going to kill myself. Walked up the hill to the house and blew his head off. His wife got in a few moments behind him and tried to do cpr but it was psychically impossible because of the aftermath of the gun shot.

Fucking tragic. He was an idol to many young kids. He was "that guy" that the kids flocked to.

32 years old.

Comment

Crazy. A warrior forced to live in a "regular" world.

Seems to me that once you become a killing machine there is no turning back.

We need killing machines during times of war but have nothing for them in times of peace.

Comment

You nailed it.

Comment

That is so sad

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss, blm.

We as a society romanticize war, starting from the recruitment ads. But the human cost is terrible.

Comment

Sorry for your loss BLM.

Comment

Sorry bro. I know a few buds who have gone down the same path. I also have many who have been successfull battling the mental war.its not fun either way. Unfortunately its part of the game if you will. How you deal with it when you come home is the unknown part of the equation. For me its the open space and solitude of the outdoors keeps me decompressed.

Comment

So sorry for your loss blm.

Comment

The VA estimate is that 22 veterans commit suicide A DAY.

The VA was so far beyond the power curve on this, and taking care of a decade of war time veterans that they literally are having to reinvent themselves. I feel your loss on this, I have lost many many people I served with to this epidemic. It's tragic, unnecessary, and heartbreaking to me. I am sorry for your loss man, truly.

Comment

sorry for your loss blm.

terrible news especially when its a vet thats made sacrifices for our freedom.

a good friend of mine sort of went down the same path but in a much more violent manner.

Comment

So sorry my man, wow...

Comment

I am so very sorry, blm. My heart aches for the turmoil he must have been suffering, for his wife for having to witness that first hand, and for his family and friends that lost a loved one. So tragic. :( :(

Comment

Working...
                              X