Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edward Snowden documentary Citizenfour wins Oscar

Edward Snowden documentary Citizenfour wins Oscar | Film | The Guardian

Secrets become history: Edward Snowden in Citizenfour wins documentary Oscar [Updated] | Ars Technica

Comment

watched it last night. Totally deserved the Oscar. The reporting got the Pulitzer, the documentary got the Oscar. Now, Snowden needs to get the Nobel Peace Prize this year to complete the trifecta.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
        watched it last night. Totally deserved the Oscar. The reporting got the Pulitzer, the documentary got the Oscar. Now, Snowden needs to get the Nobel Peace Prize this year to complete the trifecta.
        imagine if he got all 3 and then came back to the US and got locked up.

it would put the US in an interesting position. PR nightmare for sure.

Comment

I am not a Ron Paul supporter normally because of his screwed up views on climate change, etc. but he is the only politician who has the guts to come out publicly and say that Snowden is a hero for what he did. What I want to see is a Ron Paul like candidate with decent science ideas and he would get my vote. Both the Democrats and Republicans have shown that they have little to no respect for their oath to uphold the Constitution. And this is coming from a lifelong Democrat.

Comment

The documentary played like a Hollywood espionage thriller. I was surprised that they didn't have more details of how Snowden was stuck in Russia because the US government revoked his passport, but I guess Laura Poitras stuck to the footage that she was able to take personally. Didn't detract from the message at all, and the final scenes of him reuniting with his girlfriend was very gratifying to see.

Comment

PSA: Oscar-winning Citizenfour to air on HBO today

DON'T MISS IT!

PSA: Oscar-winning Citizenfour to air on HBO today | Ars Technica

Comment

Remember when I brought snowden up

I was called a tin foil hat conspiracy nut and everybody was pissed because they saw snowden as anti American.

Oh well imitation is the best form of flattery, glad I could help

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
                  Remember when I brought snowden up

I was called a tin foil hat conspiracy nut and everybody was pissed because they saw snowden as anti American.

Oh well imitation is the best form of flattery, glad I could help
                  I did a quick search....not much came up.

Comment

The whole documentary is free here. Just press play..

https://archive.org/details/LauraPoitrasCitizenfour

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1424799092407.png
Views:	1
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	946088

Comment

It is widely available on the usual torrent sites.

Comment

Citizenfour: Enjoy Full Movie | AnonSweden

Works as of now. Takes a second to load.

Comment

So did anyone watch? That last link I posted still works.

The documentary itself isn't all that well done. BUT obviously the subject matter makes it hard to stop watching.

We all know the Gov is listening but this docu really puts into perspective just how much.

Comment

No matter how much wrong doing or corruption is found in government nothing will change. The 1% has become more powerful than democracy.

Comment

Working...
                              X