Samsung Gear S watch.....I'm getting one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung Gear S watch.....I'm getting one

I've been debating on which fitband to buy and came to this conclusion.

Samsung Gear S | Verizon Wireless

I will post my review on this soon...:agreed:

Enjoy.

I can't get on board with a watch that needs to charge nightly. I need something waterproof on my wrist as well.

Comment

Interesting. So this has cellular connectivity independent of your phone.. that's a different philosophy from the others, I think, that need the phone close by and just communicate with the phone over BT. It is interesting to see this technology evolve. Not sure I am ready for it yet, but I would definitely be interested in seeing your review as well as a description of real use cases. It's probably going to be goofy speaking into it, I would think. But answering texts, checking email, etc. would be cool. Also, if you can stream music to BT headphones, that would be great, so you don't need to carry your phone with you when you go running or work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
        Enjoy.

I can't get on board with a watch that needs to charge nightly. I need something waterproof on my wrist as well.
        I could go for two days if needed. Besides, this watch isn't for looks or anything to replace a real watch. As it is, I wear no jewelry/watches. Waterproof would be nice, but the again if I had a watch(waterproof or not)I'd still take it off when I showered.

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
        Interesting. So this has cellular connectivity independent of your phone.. that's a different philosophy from the others, I think, that need the phone close by and just communicate with the phone over BT. It is interesting to see this technology evolve. Not sure I am ready for it yet, but I would definitely be interested in seeing your review as well as a description of real use cases. It's probably going to be goofy speaking into it, I would think. But answering texts, checking email, etc. would be cool. Also, if you can stream music to BT headphones, that would be great, so you don't need to carry your phone with you when you go running or work out.
        I'm a techy nerd kind of guy:grin:funny how some tech stuff I can't work for shit, but others I'm a magician on. Ever since I've been running ED 4-5 miles and averaging a 7:45 pace, I've been wondering what my hear rate is.

When I was in HS, one of my sports was xcountry. I even went to camp over the summer and became really good at it. I fell inlove with running so much, that I gave up track and wrestling for a few years; crazy I know:retard:

As a matter of fact, when I moved to Boston. I found my old running log, I should post a pic of it....I remember I would write exactly my daily routine or run. From my pace, heart rate, wind factor, weather, etc....lol.

IMO running is very addicting, unlike any other sport that I've done; even bjj!!! The mindset, the stamina, the will power, all of that and other shit combined....yea it's addicting:agreed:

Sorry got off track lol..I just would like to have a nice gadget that would track my speed, distance, heart rate, BT music for my runs...ironically this fucking thing has all of that and then some.

Running is HUGE here; kind of hard not being a runner here.......EVERYONE DOES IT:ninja: and I never forgot "how to ride a bike"

Rememebr those running shoes I got?
        Gonna have to get another pair because it's about that time....it's recommended to replace running shoes every five hundred miles.

Comment

TL;DR...

J/K.. that's cool bro... best kind of technology is where it actually does something to improve your life, like fitness or timesaving.

Comment

TL;DR...

J/K.. that's cool bro... best kind of technology is where it actually does something to improve your life, like fitness or timesaving.
            Lol ya dick:D

I'm either going tomorrow or Wednesday to buy it. Just have to make sure they have it in the store. I would like to see it first lol...i wasn't even going to get it until I saw the ad the other day on Verizon's site.

I'll post up

Comment

4-5 miles at 7:45 pace is pretty decent for a guy of your size. How much do you weigh these days?

Comment

4-5 miles at 7:45 pace is pretty decent for a guy of your size. How much do you weigh these days?
                I'm certainly NOT 215 anymore :)

Comment

Are you gay rado? Come on man. Lol.

Jk.

Comment

Originally posted by TrapsBrah View Post
                    Are you gay rado? Come on man. Lol.

Jk.
                    Thanks for the compliment, but NO.

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
                      I'm certainly NOT 215 anymore :)
                      175! :cheese:

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                        175! :cheese:
                        It's hard for me to stay at 190's....so I fluctuate between 189 and 186 ED...I've got my body, food, training and test figured out. Now I know what you mean when you have that ability to "dial in" on what the body needs.

I get the "you look like you weigh more" a lot and I'm still strong as a brute, considering how less weight I have now.

Comment

Looks very cool

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
                            Thanks for the compliment, but NO.
                            I was kidding brah. Let us know how the watch is.

Comment

Going to Verizon here in a bit....my concern is that this watch will look hideous on. Seems from the reviews, it's a bit bulky/flashy which I don't like at all. I will post pics and see how it looks on my wrist.

Comment

Working...
                              X